cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Experience (New Users in past 6 - 12 months)

tjchili
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What was your sign up experience like?

Apparently, my ESN didn't take and now I'm waiting for a response using new IMEI data.  I wanna get going with Public Mobile!

Did you run into any issues?

Topic is meant to be fun/light...

6 REPLIES 6

Triton72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Been with PM for about 6 years. Have a great plan with them. Since then I have put both of my kids on a PM plan as well. No real issues over the period. I only find the site to log into is always so slow. Drives me nuts but then i remind myself of how much i pay compared to other providers.

JLakerson
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@tjchili 

I've been with Public Mobile for a couple of months now. The sign-up experience was a pain for me. I was coming from a postpaid Koodo plan and was super confused about whether or not I was supposed to create a temporary number or keep my number. I kept getting the error page when activating my SIM card and I was super frustrated with having to re-type everything when the page came up - sometimes it would say I timed out even though it only took me a couple of minutes to fill the blanks in. I had to take a break and I ended up trying again the next day. After many more attempts, I finally was able to activate the SIM card successfully after inputting my debit card rather than the credit card. Not sure if that was the fix or what. 

I will say though that before activating the SIM card, I chatted with an agent to get more information about the Public Mobile plans and services and the agent was incredibly helpful. Also, after the activation of the SIM card, my phone worked just fine.

I haven't had any issues since the activation and I've been enjoying being a part of the Public Mobile community.

So in the end, everything worked out!

singhtaranjit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I started using Public since December 2019. I have faced No problems in the service. Network has been great, even in the basement I stay in. Only problem I have faced is, I haven't yet earned an RAF. People don't know anything about Public Mobile! 

@tjchili wrote:

What was your sign up experience like?

Apparently, my ESN didn't take and now I'm waiting for a response using new IMEI data.  I wanna get going with Public Mobile!

Did you run into any issues?

Topic is meant to be fun/light...

I have activated and helped a few people activate and port in phone numbers. I've never ran into any difficulties.

When portin g a phone number in, customers generally don't want to be using the IMEI unless you're coming from Petro Canada or Speakout. In my cases when coming from another wirless carrier, you'll want to be using the account number instead.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@tjchili 

No real issues - you will see there may be minor quirks but I haven't heard of many significant issues.

I think the only people you'll hear from with MAJOR issues are the competition.

One thing I would say - utilize the help you can get from the Community if you do have any concerns or questions.  You'd be surprised at how the information you receive may be precisely the fix you need.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tjchili  - Sign up for me was easy-peasy.

The biggest change, for me, was the online only customer service / support side of things. 

It is going so good so far!

Need Help? Let's chat.