cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile App

Oracle365
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey 😀  Does Public Mobile have an app? It would be so great to easily check minutes/data used. Maybe there's another way to do this, by going into settings... I'm not sure. Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

joelmackenzie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can get by without an app, but why not a web site designed for easy viewing and navigation on mobile screens?  Seems odd that a mobile carrier doesn't have a website optimized for mobile usage.  Seems like a no-brainer.

we are the only Tier3 without app then...:(

And Lucky mobile app is an award winning app

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Oracle365 

I asked the same question last month. The only lower tier mobile carrier with an app are Chatr and Lucky.

may65
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the easy fix!!

@AE_Collector 

I don't even like how the website comes up on a mobile screen. One of the many reasons I use my tablet....and still use my old tablet. The dang new tablet acts like a giant mobile phone! I don't like that set up at all.

Personally I never really see the big deal about an App. Save the Self Serve website link to your Home Screen or desktop. Click the button and all the info you wanted in an app is right there. They say an App is optimized for a smaller screen and maybe to use less data as it is built for a mobile phone. Maybe though some are likely done better than others.

What I specifically don’t like about an App is it typically lays everything out differently than on the web site. Thus you may know how to get the info you are looking for on the web site but cant begin to find it on the App. Use the web site instead and everything is in the same place that you are used to!

JMHO AE_Collector

@mh1983 wrote:

On Android devices at least, most mobile browsers let you add a shortcut to a home screen. Just open the PM self serve page while signed in and create the homescreen shortcut. Simple as that. 

Isn't that what these apps mostly are (a bookmark).  When it comes to self serve apps, I see them as really nothing more than standalone apps that simply can only go to one website. The ones I've even seen don't even have your login information saved in the app settings but rather through the mobile version of self serve.  I've yet to see any of the carrier apps that do anything other than automatically load the self serve website when launched. 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

On Android devices at least, most mobile browsers let you add a shortcut to a home screen. Just open the PM self serve page while signed in and create the homescreen shortcut. Simple as that. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you use Android there is an unofficial app to track your data.  It is called Data Witness in the Google Play store.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Thanks, @Oracle365 , and if you have 1/2 hour to kill, check out this past thread's Solution from a Retired Oracle about creating what behaves like an app.   It's a fairly extensive read & process - however slawren lays it out very well.  It is from a few years back, so no idea how applicable it is for use today:

Solved: [Very] Partial workaround for lack of PM Mobile Ap... - Community (publicmobile.ca)

softech
Oracle
Oracle
no.. they don't 😞 I wish they do too..

Look like keeping an app is expensive.. Even Koodo which used to have an app is no more

If you are on Android, the workaround is to make a shortuct yourself. Log onto PM on your browser, then Add a shortcut to Home screen...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Sadly, @Oracle365 ,  there is no app yet available for Public Mobile customers.

The easiest way to check minutes/data used is through self-serve on the landing page, under My Data & Add Ons

HALIMACS_0-1612444447338.png

Need Help? Let's chat.