cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion unable to be applied - help!

ashleys
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I hope everyone's doing well. I'm having a little trouble with my plan activation and hope someone can offer some help. Thank you in advance!

A little over a week ago, I saw that Public Mobile (PM) had a promotion where you can get the first month of service fees waived and a free 5GB add on select plans (the terms stated that you had to sign up for the promo with your email so the promotion can be applied to your account and then activate before January 15) so I decided to make the switch from Rogers to PM. At the time, I didn't have a PM sim card so I had to order it and wait for it to be delivered.

I received the sim card in the mail today and couldn't apply the promotion to my account, despite my email being registered and having ordered the sim card before the promotion deadline... I checked with Canada Post regularly and was told that they were experiencing delays hence why my sim card was delivered late and missed the promotion activation deadline. 

Is there any way I can still qualify for the promotion? This promo was the reason I decided to make the switch! 

5 REPLIES 5

If you havent set up your account it will be MUCH QUICKER to jus twist the home page, register your email for the new customer promotion and then activate. IF you HAVE set up your account you will have to talk with a moderator now and see if they can help.

AE_Collector

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ashleys  We don't know whether PM will honour promotions missed due to delayed SIM delivery. To find out, open a trouble ticket and discuss with the moderators. To obtain a ticket, click on https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Good luck.

Please let us know how you make out. Inquiring minds want to know. 

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

So have you activated it not? If not there is a new promo, just re-register your email address and sign up under this new and identical promotion. 

I can NOT figure out exactly how these work thus don't know if you need to reregister or not. This may be extended but other offers overlapped and presumably which ever offer you clicked on the registration from is the offer you would get.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ashleys : The promotion was extended to the 8th. Use the same email address when activating. You always need to pay at start up. The promo is a credit in your account that can pay for the first renewal.

Don't forget to use a referral code to get a $10 credit.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ashleys , Public Mobile free month promos are always second month free.  Please review carefully the terms of the promo you signed up for.  The bonus month and data will be issued within 30 days.  

Need Help? Let's chat.