cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with porting number

alula008
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi - I'm trying to port my number and it seems to have partially worked....I'm getting some text messages but no phone calls. It's been about 16 hours since I started the process. I received a text saying to complete my activation, I need to go to publicmobile.ca, click Contact Us and complete the SIM & Activation Form. I can't find the "Contact Us" button. I tried going to the activation page, which I had already filled out when originally setting up, but that didn't work, I think because all my information had already been set up and I couldn't re-use the same info. To add to the frustration, I tried to submit a ticket for help and it won't let me submit a ticket either - I fill out the whole form but the Submit button stays greyed out. I tried it on 2 different browsers and a different device.

Grateful for any advice!

11 REPLIES 11

@Dunkman wrote:

@alula008 

You can still private message moderator directly if the ticketing process does not work.  It might take a bit longer since the moderator has to confirm your identity/account.  Ticketing process is a bit quicker.  

I would say only to do this if the SIMon way isn't working. It's not just the verificatiom process that causes a delay, but that tickets submited through SIMon are given a higher priority.

@alula008 

It will work, but it might take a bit longer.  Moderator usually take 1-2 days to respond.

You might want to try to put your old carrier SIM card in your phone for now.  It might still be working.  

alula008

@Dunkman wrote:

@alula008 

You can still private message moderator directly if the ticketing process does not work.  It might take a bit longer since the moderator has to confirm your identity/account.  Ticketing process is a bit quicker.  

Thank-you - I have tried submitting a message using the link you posted above. Hopefully it work!

alula008

@geopublic wrote:

@alula008  You need to click on the Click me!  link to submit the ticket.

Thanks, but I have tried that. I went through the whole process with Simon, clicking to submit a ticket, filling out the whole ticket form including info to verify my identity but it won't let me click the final Submit button.

@alula008 

@alula008  You need to click on the Click me!  link to submit the ticket.

alula008

@kav2001c wrote:

The above posts are old and out of date

You should be using the Simon chat bot (question mark bottom right corner) to open a support ticket for port issues and validate your account

(To the first in posters, macros only work if you keep them up to date)

I tried submitting a ticket via Simon, but that's not working either - the Submit button stays greyed out. I tried on 2 different browsers and a different device.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@alula008  That text you received means that there is an issue with you port and PM will need additional info to complete the port.

You need to submit a ticket to PM and include your previous provider account number, name on the account and number.

PMST.png

The above posts are old and out of date

You should be using the Simon chat bot (question mark bottom right corner) to open a support ticket for port issues and validate your account

(To the first in posters, macros only work if you keep them up to date)

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@alula008 

It looks like that you will need to contact moderator.  Your port is stuck.  If you are having difficulties with ticketing process, you can directly private message moderator.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.