cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with activation process

sourdoughgirl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried to sign up and activate a sim card.  Entered all info including the auto pay but it kept "processing" until it said activation request failed.  A warning indicated I needed to contact customer service.  Can a mod help, please?

29 REPLIES 29

RoarGirl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had similiar experience during the activation process. What I tried and turned out be to working for me is that, I skipped the Auto-pay setup process while trying to activate the SIM card. The activation process then went through no trouble. Once my SIM card get activated, I then logged into the online account and setup autopay there. Hope this can help out you guys.

@sourdoughgirl wrote:

How do you tell people to stop messaging me about referrals?

One way would be to turn off private messaging.  I would wait until after you get everything sorted out though in case someone wants to send you a private message to help and for moderators to be able to contact you.

sourdoughgirl

@GinYVR wrote:

@sourdoughgirlYou cannot port a number from an inactive account from other carriers. So if you are no longer with Freedom there is no way to port the number to PM.

No, I don't want to port any number.  Just a new number for now.

sourdoughgirl

When you reply to a post click on the quote button to include a copy of the original post instead of using copy/paste.

I was looking for it but couldn't find it anywhere.  I saw only a tag.  Is that the one? Edit: Found it.

@sourdoughgirlYou cannot port a number from an inactive account from other carriers. So if you are no longer with Freedom there is no way to port the number to PM.

sourdoughgirl

Did you also setup a phone port from your old provider during activation? If yes, The that is why you got the message to contact PM. Maybe send the another message with all the porting details like account number, name on account and old phone number.

I used a Freedom Mobile sim with this phone a while ago but I am no longer with them.  I don't want to port any number until, maybe, later this month or next.  Anyway, I put the PM sim in then checked APN, seemed like it picked up Public Mobile automatically.  

@sourdoughgirl wrote:

Ok means that it's not activated.

Yea, I figured that much. LOL

@sourdoughgirl  Did you also setup a phone port from your old provider during activation? If yes, The that is why you got the message to contact PM. Maybe send the another message with all the porting details like account number, name on account and old phone number.

sourdoughgirl

Yea, I figured that much. LOL

@sourdoughgirl wrote:

What happens if you dial 611 on your phone?

It said "not registered on network"

sourdoughgirl

What happens if you dial 611 on your phone?

It said "not registered on network"

@sourdoughgirl wrote:

While waiting for the mods try using your sim card in your phone it might have activated without notfying you. Worth a try. 

Nope, not working.  The APN seemed to have registered automatically but details were different than what I found online.  My phone is Samsung A5 (2017). 

@sourdoughgirlWhat happens if you dial 611 on your phone?

Edit: @sourdoughgirl  When you reply to a post click on the quote button to include a copy of the original post instead of using copy/paste.

sourdoughgirl

By posting here they should stop. If not, just open the message and click on the Report link (bottom left of message).

Thanks.  I hope so.  I came here referred by someone.  I don't need another referral code.

sourdoughgirl

While waiting for the mods try using your sim card in your phone it might have activated without notfying you. Worth a try. 

Nope, not working.  The APN seemed to have registered automatically but details were different than what I found online.  My phone is Samsung A5 (2017). 

@sourdoughgirl wrote:

@sourdoughgirl  By posting here they should stop. If not, just open the message and click on the Report link (bottom left of message).

@sourdoughgirl wrote:

Thanks.  Just did.  Now waiting for a reply.

@sourdoughgirl  While waiting for the mods try using your sim card in your phone it might have activated without notfying you. Worth a try. Smiley Happy

sourdoughgirl

FYI, the $10 50/50 plan has been extended (for now).  If you look at the original post in the announcements section, there is an update that indicates it is here for a while longer.

Thank you.  I will check it out.

sourdoughgirl

The system is slow and glitchy usually during business hours.. it gets better after hours.. but it might affect your ability to get the $10 plan if that's what you are aiming for. Do note it will take up to 48 hours for a moderator to respond to your queries.. so you have to be patient (and yes you might blow by the midnight deadline).

Extremely glitchy indeed. Someone just said the deadline had been extended.  I may wait until tonight to do it then. 

@sourdoughgirlJust to confirm what @Anonymous had said this is the link to the annoucement.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sourdoughgirl wrote:

Guess I will have to.  I want to sign up the $10 50-min plan that will expire after today.  

By the way, why does the site keep logging me out?  I tried to log back in but it rejected my password.  The only way I can come back in is through a link to my previous reply in my email.  This is very strange.  

@sourdoughgirl  - FYI, the $10 50/50 plan has been extended (for now).  If you look at the original post in the announcements section, there is an update that indicates it is here for a while longer.

@sourdoughgirlThe system is slow and glitchy usually during business hours.. it gets better after hours.. but it might affect your ability to get the $10 plan if that's what you are aiming for. Do note it will take up to 48 hours for a moderator to respond to your queries.. so you have to be patient (and yes you might blow by the midnight deadline).

sourdoughgirl

Guess I will have to.  I want to sign up the $10 50-min plan that will expire after today.  

By the way, why does the site keep logging me out?  I tried to log back in but it rejected my password.  The only way I can come back in is through a link to my previous reply in my email.  This is very strange.  

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So, you tried activating again and it didn't work? Or you already contacted the moderator? You can try again even if you wrote them but it's up to you. hope you get it sorted soon.

sourdoughgirl

What do you mean stop people messaging you about referrals? Where?

My inbox, private messages.  They kept asking if I needed a referral number for $10 credit. 

@sourdoughgirlWhat do you mean stop people messaging you about referrals? Where?

sourdoughgirl

sourdoughgirl

Before you go the moderator route, it might be worth trying to activate in a different browser or incognito window. Disable any ad block extensions to be on the safe side. The site can be finicky, but I did sign my wife up last week and it took awhile to load but ultimately worked.

Give it another try; you never know. If the issue persists, there's always the moderator route, but it can take awhile for them to respond -- something to keep in mind.

Have already sent request.  I guess this is not as easy as I thought.  

sourdoughgirl

Thanks.  Just did.  Now waiting for a reply.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Before you go the moderator route, it might be worth trying to activate in a different browser or incognito window. Disable any ad block extensions to be on the safe side. The site can be finicky, but I did sign my wife up last week and it took awhile to load but ultimately worked.

Give it another try; you never know. If the issue persists, there's always the moderator route, but it can take awhile for them to respond -- something to keep in mind.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can message a moderator for assistance.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.