cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems setting up account

TMunro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m trying to set up an account and when I enter my  current mobile phone number I get a message saying the account already exists or the number is invalid. I do not have an account. 

17 REPLIES 17

@interceptor1001 

Unfortunately, with Public mobile customer service model, there is no immediate help.  No call centre or live chat model.  You will need to contact moderator.

From your previous post:

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Re: Stolen Phone & Keeping Plan

can you activate my new sim card and transfer the balance from my old one to new one

You could activate your new SIM card yourself, but you will need help from moderator to transfer balance.  

send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include all the relevant details, etc.  Expect 1-2 day for response though

interceptor1001

help me now

Antonella

Hello in September we set up 2 different accounts one for my daughter and one for my dad.  My daughter’s was able to use her phone immediately but my dad’s account is still not active.  The account was set up st the store at the same time.  Please advise on what steps we are missing. We have now paid for 2 months 

@TMunro wrote:

OK, I think I understand. I was just trying to start an account using my current mobile phone number. I wanted to order the Sim card first from PM,  and then port my current number to the p.m. SIM card. 

@TMunro, please review this knowledge base article covering how to start the Public Mobile service.  There are many articles covering other aspects of the service.  Knowing this stuff is important to enjoying this service.  Being primarily a self serve driven, there is greater reliance on the customer to know the product and be self sufficient with Public Mobile.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Getting-Started/ta-p/162

@TMunro wrote:

Great thank you very much

You are welcome. I encourage you to buy one, they are the same price at London Drugs as they are on the PM site.

TMunro

Great thank you very much

@TMunro wrote:

OK, I think I understand. I was just trying to start an account using my current mobile phone number. I wanted to order the Sim card first from PM,  and then port my current number to the p.m. SIM card. 

You can order the sim first but you need to wait until you get it to set up the aaccount.

Cheers

TMunro

What exactly are you trying to do at Public Mobile?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@TMunro wrote:

Are you talking about public mobile Sim card?  The Sim card I have in my phone is a Telus Sim 

Yes Public mobile. PM is self sevre only so you need a PM sim card to setup a PM account

TMunro

no

TMunro

Are you talking about public mobile Sim card?  The Sim card I have in my phone is a Telus Sim 

I think you are on the wrong track. Do you

a) already have a PM account and are trying move your number, or

b) trying to activate a new account and move your number?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@TMunro wrote:

I tried for the first time yesterday using my mobile phone number.  I got the message saying that My Number had already been used or it was invalid. Neither of which is true 

Is it a PM number?

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@TMunro wrote:

I’m trying to set up an account and when I enter my  current mobile phone number I get a message saying the account already exists or the number is invalid. I do not have an account. 

You should be using your sim number to set up an account. Its something you must do first to get on the PM network.

TMunro

I tried for the first time yesterday using my mobile phone number.  I got the message saying that My Number had already been used or it was invalid. Neither of which is true 

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you already attempted to make an account recently? 

Need Help? Let's chat.