cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems sending SMS to Freedom.

tampering
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I'm having an issue with my account. I cannot send SMS/MMS to a relative who is on the Freedom Mobile network. Google / Android MMS app says Waiting to send. And eventually after it times out. "Not Sent. Tap to try again"

I can send and receive to everyone else including Public, Telus, and Rogers customers.

11 REPLIES 11

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tampering wrote:

Thanks everyone but your advice has not resolved anything. I have submitted a ticket.

Good luck and keep us updated on the solution.

tampering

Thanks everyone but your advice has not resolved anything. I have submitted a ticket.

pamela_p

Those are two separate issues.

SMS.

Known issue. In my case a verification code from my stock broker was never able to arrive at my Freedom phone. After many useless conversations with Freedom's customer reps I was told that Freedom is not able to receive 'short' codes (whatever that means). Also my broker said that all his Freedom customers have the same problem. At Public there is no issue with the verification codes.

MMS.

Follow this link to fix your MMS problem. 

https://freedommobile.apnsettings.io/en

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tampering wrote:

Hi I'm having an issue with my account. I cannot send SMS/MMS to a relative who is on the Freedom Mobile network. Google / Android MMS app says Waiting to send. And eventually after it times out. "Not Sent. Tap to try again"

I can send and receive to everyone else including Public, Telus, and Rogers customers.

Is your relative using an iPhone iMessage?

If yes, ask your relative to configure iMessage settings to enable send/receive SMS/MMS

@tampering wrote:

I believe its something with Freedom since I can send to everyone else but I have a main brand Telus account that can successfully send MMS to his number so it looks like it might be something specific to his Freedom account receiving from here.

@tampering  Can he send you an MMS? Again double check the number on your end.

@tampering is your wifi on while you try to send? it could be causing some conflicts. is he able to send to you?

tampering

I believe its something with Freedom since I can send to everyone else but I have a main brand Telus account that can successfully send MMS to his number so it looks like it might be something specific to his Freedom account receiving from here.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tampering wrote:

Hi I'm having an issue with my account. I cannot send SMS/MMS to a relative who is on the Freedom Mobile network. Google / Android MMS app says Waiting to send.

@tampering  If you are sending an MMS make sure your data is enabled and your APN Type includes mms as part of the value string.

And eventually after it times out. "Not Sent. Tap to try again"

If you can send SMS/MMS to other's then the problem is on the relative's side just make sure you are sending it to the correct number. Maybe dial it manually.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@tampering try clearing the app storage and cache and restarting your phone. this will also delete all your messages. you can try just deleted "cache" to see if it helps

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@tampering hello as long as you both have data enabled you should be able to send/receive mms 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tampering  try force closing your text app and restart your phone. Stay safe. You should also inform the moderators if this is happening with all Freedom mumbers.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

Need Help? Let's chat.