cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems activating - invalid SIM

andydehoog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was setting up my daughter's new account the other night, but as the activation was processing, the website went into maintenance mode.  It appears that the phone number has been transferred from Telus, but she gets no service with the new PM SIM installed and when I try to do the activation again, the website tells me that it's an invalid SIM.

6 REPLIES 6

andydehoog

Thanks.  Her phone is fine.  I've messaged the mods.  I had good success with the rest of my family's phones (6 of them in total!) this is the only one I had trouble with in switching over from Telus.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

That happens when the SIM was registered but account activation was not completed. This incompletion seems to have caused the port-in to fail. Unfortunately, you need assistance from the Moderator Team. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

Sorry you had bad luck with getting her aboard the good ship Public Mobile. Hang in there. better days to come.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@andydehoog wrote:

Yes, credit card was charged.  I'm using Chrome and I tried clearing the cache.  How do I contact the mods?

Click this to send them a message.

one other thing, try her sim card in your phone, just incase her phone has an issue.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@andydehoog wrote:

I was setting up my daughter's new account the other night, but as the activation was processing, the website went into maintenance mode.  It appears that the phone number has been transferred from Telus, but she gets no service with the new PM SIM installed and when I try to do the activation again, the website tells me that it's an invalid SIM.

@andydehoogOne other thing to make sure of is to try her PM sim card in phone currently working with PM to rule out the possibility of her phone not being compatible.

andydehoog

Yes, credit card was charged.  I'm using Chrome and I tried clearing the cache.  How do I contact the mods?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@andydehoog wrote:

@andydehoogWas the payment method charged? Did you check your credit card payment method? If it was charged and you cant get service contact the mods. using this link If it was not charged clear your cache/browsing history remove all cookies associated with activate.publicmobile* and try another browser / disable add-ons / private browsing / incognito. If you are using safari / cell phone go to a real computer and if all that fails contact the moderator team using this link

EDITED TO ADD MODERATOR LINKS

Need Help? Let's chat.