cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Porting from Koodo

koodoport99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone. I followed the instructions found here: 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Koodo-porting/m-p/86466/highlight/true...

I used a different email address, as instructeed. When I ported my number from Koodo, my Koodo number immediately stopped working and my account closed with Koodo but now the ported number hasn't been transferred to my new SIM. My ported number is now out of service.

I've send messages to four mods but can't afford to wait days or weeks to have this resolved. Can someone help with this?

19 REPLIES 19

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@YYkids, @Mary_M is online right now. Check for a recent post from her and ask for help.

KK
Post paid

YYkids
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
@KK were you on prepaid or post? I think someone had mention that mods have to assist with prepaid Koodo accounts.@KK were you on prepaid or post? I think someone had mention that mods have to assist with prepaid Koodo accounts.

I had tried changing the number via self serve using different computers and mobile, checking off on the authorized user first, etc. But still couldn't get past the contact PM error message.

KK
I ported from koodo without a problem. I started with a properly activated PM number. Then I used the change number feature under self serve. (Look for link under profile.) The transfer was quick and painless.

If this is helpful, please mark your issue as solved and/or bravo.

YYkids
Still waiting too. Tried all the tricks noted with no success. It's day 13 for me (#1591-1282) Just paid another month of Koodo prepaid. Will continue to carry 2 phones on me since I have no idea when my Koodo number will get ported...... @Mary_M, @Shazia_K

koodoport99

Still waiting. It's been 14 days now without my successful port @Mary_M@Shazia_K

koodoport99

I'm on day 8 now with still no sign that my number will be ported over. I received a message from a mod telling me it would take over 72 hours last Thursday, but still my number is out of service. I also received another number from a mod telling me that my number was ported successfully since last Friday, but this is not the case.

Anybody have any success stories to share?

nadger

Four days for me. Koodo SIM doesn't work. Public SIM doesn't work. Emailed, messaged everyone i could find on Sunday. Still no response from anyone. 

Public mobile is a complete joke.

strivedi

same amount of time for me as well with no answer. The moderators must be pretty busy because of the new deal I guess lol.

koodoport99

It's been over 24 hours now and no mods have read my private messages--does anyone know how long the wait time currently is for a mod to get to your request?

koodoport99

Thank you for your help, Luddite. If only Public Mobile had as great support as you are providing. 

There really needs to be a huge disclaimer from Public Mobile about changing to their service. It feels as if they lured a bunch of us in with their plan, only to not provide service/support once we switched over.

Sorry to tell you but you are definitely locked into this situation until the port-in clears. You will have to carry on using the temporary number.

Hopefully, when that stops you will have your Koodo number. BUT I recommend being, at least mentally, prepared for all services to stop. Robot Sad

I use the app from fongo.com as my backup for cellular failure. Since this is your business line you may want to consider my thoughts in this post:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/SECURITY-OF-SERVICE/m-p/23214#M4783

Fingers crossed for a speedy resolution.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

koodoport99

When I log into self-service and when I call someone, my new Public Mobile number shows up instead of the number I ported in.

When I call my old Koodo phone number, I get a message saying that the number I have reached is not in service.

This is quite scary for those of us who depend on our phones for business. I did a bit of research on these forums before switching and saw that Public Mobile seems to be responsive about these issues, but today I find out that the support is not being responsive/PMs are not being read and responded to. 

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

When you log into self service. What phone number shows up?  What happens when you call your old Koodo phone number?  When you call someone, what phone number shows on their call display?

koodoport99

Koodo has already emailed me with a service cancellation email. Also, I was on Koodo postpaid (the number, however, was on Koodo prepaid for a bit).

My temporary number is still active, however my ported line is a business one, and I can't afford to have this down.

There is apparently an issue with prepaid Koodo account that requires cancellation of the Koodo account before the port-in will finish. This causes the incoming calls to Koodo to fail.

You will be stuck with your PM number until they finish up. Is your temporary number stil active for incoming and outgoing calls?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hummuschips

When you call your ported number is it saying the number is out of service or something else?  The best you can do now would be to wait for a mod response. I think you unfortunately came across one of the glitches in the system or it may take a little bit longer for the port to fully complete. 

koodoport99

Hi, thank you for your response.

My SIM card is working fine, except the number being used is the number I initially signed up with (pre-port number).

I'm using an iPhone 6.

hummuschips
Hi,

Sorry to see you having problems. Before you did the port did you test the SIM card to make sure it was working first? What do you see on your phone when the SIM card is in the phone? What model phone are you using?
Need Help? Let's chat.