cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with transferring my previous phone number

mahtaaraghi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have recently activated my New SIm with public mobile. 

I ask public mobile to have my previous number (that I had with Virgine mobile) and they did it for me. From that day, I can call or text with that number but no one can call me. it says that the number is not in service...

someone called me from public mobile and asked me to contact my previous provider to completely deactivate that number and then inform public mobile. Virgine mobile said that my previous number can not be transferred or be used by any other provider...

Now, I need to change my phone number to a new number but I don't know how...

I can't call anyone on public mobile! I called the store that I bought the sim card and they told me that they are not responsible ...

Currently, I cannot do anything. 

how can I inform Public mobile to call me to solve this problem?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@aneeshbansal wrote:

Did you tell public moblie that you are going to change the provider ?

Sometimes when someone calls the provider to get better rates and than the company knows if you are going to leave them they will not let the number transfer to any other provider.

I would say contact CRTC, toll free telephone: 1-877-249-CRTC (2782).

And get that thing resolved.

I hope it helps !!

It's not the CRTC who should be contacted if someone has a conplaint about a cell phone carrier and isn't able to come to an agreement with them. Calling the CRTC phone number will only result in the customer being informed that CCTS should be contacted.

aneeshbansal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you tell public moblie that you are going to change the provider ?

Sometimes when someone calls the provider to get better rates and than the company knows if you are going to leave them they will not let the number transfer to any other provider.

I would say contact CRTC, toll free telephone: 1-877-249-CRTC (2782).

And get that thing resolved.

I hope it helps !!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@mahtaaraghiYou can change the number via your selfserve account

New NumberNew Number

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@mahtaaraghi Why not reactivate the Virgin service and retry the port? Isn't that the preferred number for you? Or no difference?

Since you deactivated, you can't port. Public shouldn't be telling you to deactivate Virgin to transfer the number. Virgin might just be saying number can't be port because it's already cancelled.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mahtaaraghi wrote:

Hi,

I have recently activated my New SIm with public mobile. 

I ask public mobile to have my previous number (that I had with Virgine mobile) and they did it for me. From that day, I can call or text with that number but no one can call me. it says that the number is not in service...

someone called me from public mobile and asked me to contact my previous provider to completely deactivate that number and then inform public mobile. Virgine mobile said that my previous number can not be transferred or be used by any other provider...

Now, I need to change my phone number to a new number but I don't know how...

I can't call anyone on public mobile! I called the store that I bought the sim card and they told me that they are not responsible ...

Currently, I cannot do anything. 

how can I inform Public mobile to call me to solve this problem?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Login to your account.

[Plan and Add-Ons]--> [Change Phone Number] --> [Select a new phone number]

You can change phone number once every 30 days

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Log into self serve and try this: (Be sure to log in first, it won't work unless you are already logged in.)

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/msisdn-swap/

Need Help? Let's chat.