cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with phone service

Air36
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up to Public Mobile today. I got my new phone number and signed up for $20 unlimited province-wide talk.

However, I cannot receive incoming calls. Also, if I make an out going call, I get the message that long distance charges may apply, even if the call took place in the same province.

Please help

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Air36
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone for trying to help me. I contacted a moderator.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Air36 wrote:

I signed up to Public Mobile today. I got my new phone number and signed up for $20 unlimited province-wide talk.

However, I cannot receive incoming calls. Also, if I make an out going call, I get the message that long distance charges may apply, even if the call took place in the same province.

Please help

Thanks

If nothing helped and the port is not finished after 4 hours you need to write a message to the moderator...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days..patience..

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Air36 

Don't worry, you will not get charged extra for long distance since Public mobile is prepaid.  The call just will not connect.  No surprise charges or overages with PM.  

You may want to try the lost/stolen phone trick to reset your SIM card/plan.  It seems to work with various account issues.  

To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-onstab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  

If that does not work, you may need to contact moderator. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@Air36Try restarting your phone, if that doesn't work go into your account report your phone as lost, log out, wait 5 minutes, log back in and report it found, then restart your phone.
If you are moving your phone number from another provider try your old SIM, the port may not have gone through yet.

If you are getting a long distance warning try dialing a 1 before the number.

Need Help? Let's chat.