cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with new account SIM card !!!

1scarface
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

EDIT: it's been 2 days already since the sevice was disabled and it seems no one knows what's going on.....2 days we paid for and 2 days without comunication when we're not home....I think it's time to find another provider....no a really good first impression !!!

Hey guys.

On Apr 1st I bought a SIM card from a local mobile shop and I activated the card on a 30$ plant for myself and I had no problem since then, I'm happy with the service.

A few days later(on the 4th) I bought another SIM card from a different mobile shop and I activated the card on another 30$ plan for my wife.

She's been using the phone since then with no trouble(calls/data) but today she came home and told me her phone is not working(can't make calls) and I tried calling her and I get the voicemail.

I placed the SIM card in my phone(to see if the problem is actually with her phone or the SIM) and my phone displays "Service disabled".

I also placed the SIM in an old flip phone and the phone displays "SIM access error"

When I log into my wife's Selfserve account, the status is Active.

Could it be that the SIM card is damaged(physically) or is not a valid one ??

If not, why would the service get disabled and no one seems to know what's up ??

These are all the details that I can think of now, but if you guys need any more details just ask and I'll try to answer.

Thanks a lot.

10 REPLIES 10

1scarface

This doesn't seem to be the first time happening to PM customers !!!

1scarface

I tried the lost/found option and it didn't fix the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@1scarface wrote:
I haven't tried the lost/found idea yet, I'm waiting for a reply from the Mods to see what can be done first.

It doesn't hurt anything and they're done for the day so it won't be until tomorrow.

(written at 10pm PT)

1scarface
I haven't tried the lost/found idea yet, I'm waiting for a reply from the Mods to see what can be done first.

@1scarface wrote:
 A few days later(on the 4th) I bought another SIM card from a different mobile shop and I activated the card on another 30$ plan for my wife. She's been using the phone since then with no trouble(calls/data) but today she came home and told me her phone is not working(can't make calls) and I tried calling her and I get the voicemail. I placed the SIM card in my phone(to see if the problem is actually with her phone or the SIM) and my phone displays "Service disabled".
When I log into my wife's Selfserve account, the status is Active. One thing that I noticed when I got home is the package of my wife's SIM card was not sealed(like the one from the SIM that I bought a few days earlier for myself) and also the color on the SIM card is Blue(not Orange like mine) Could it be that the SIM card is damaged(physically) or is not a valid one ??

Color of the sim card does not make a difference.  The orange sim cards are simply older stock. The current generation that Public Mobile is using are in fact, blue.  And, these sim cards coming directly from Public Mobile are not sealed in any way.  If a store is selling them sealed, they are doing it themself in the back room.

As to the blue sim card (your wife's not being valid), it couldn't have been used before and clearly was valid purchased.  Otherwise, it would not have worked to begin with. 

I do not believe this is an actual sim card defect, but rather something at the account level that has disabled the service.   I can't say for sure, but I have a feeling that Public Mobile will simply reset something on their end to get things working again.

Did you try the lost/stolen idea?

1scarface

I contacted a Mod and we'll try to sort it out.
Thansk a lot for the help guys.

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you have your bill from where you purchased your wife's SIM, I would go with it and the phone to that store and show them the message. Let thet know it's been like this since you activated. Ask to try another SIM . Go home , log into your wife's online account and change your SIM. You will find this link to change your SIM card on the home page on the right hand side as you first log in. Follow the links from there. 

Cheers. 

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@1scarface Once you get that invalid SIM message, you'll need a moderator to help.  Click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.  Include your PM SIM card number, e-mail address 。

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

I would already write a message to the moderator...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage write moderator_team in send to and give them details of your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2days... 

@1scarface it seams something wrong with your SIM card.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Try going into her account and reporting the phone as lost/stolen log out, wait 5 minutes, log back in and report it found, then restart the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.