cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when transferring from ChatrMobile

shdezstna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hello,   I just tried to port my number from Chatr to Public Mobile. After I filled out everything and i payed, it gave an error. Then, I tried again and it said the card was already activated. That's why I inserted the card in my phone. It appears the correct phone number, but I cannot send text, call or receive calls.
How long does it take for the transfer to be succesful?
Is there a problem?
Thanks for any help.  

11 REPLIES 11

shdezstna

Thanks!! It is all good now!

@shdezstna wrote:

I just did. It is now active.

@shdezstna  Good you should be able to call out now. Make sure you restart your phone after it became active.

shdezstna

I just did. It is now active.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Porting a mobile number takes a few hours to couple of days.

If your Chatr phone SIM card is still working, you can continue to use your Chatr SIM card until it stops working.  Then, you port is completed and switch to PM SIM card.

@shdezstna wrote:

It says welcome to Public Mobile and that my service has been temporarily suspended. Afterwards, it gives me options to reactivate the service. Could it be that the transfer is still in process? I actually did the transfer less than 1 hour ago.

@shdezstna  You need to login into your account via selfserve  and make sure the correct plan is showing. If it's not then you have to select the correct plan and click on the activate button. Because you activation did not complete normally you need to make sure that your plan is active before being able to use your phone. Even while the port is in process you should still be able to call and text out. You need to do this ASAP.

shdezstna

1. Yes, I called chatr and I included the account number during the transfer.

2. I just checked that my phone appears on the PM self-serve. So, everything is good.

To sum up: I just need to wait for the provider to release the number. Thanks! I didn't know how long it takes.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shdezstna 

Did you phone Chatr to get your account number before porting your number to PM?

If not, send a private message with the Chatr account number to moderator to finish the port.

If yes,  number porting is a 2 steps process:
Step 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should send a private message to moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Step 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider releases your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

shdezstna

My phone is samsung galaxy J7 2017

shdezstna

It says welcome to Public Mobile and that my service has been temporarily suspended. Afterwards, it gives me options to reactivate the service. Could it be that the transfer is still in process? I actually did the transfer less than 1 hour ago.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@shdezstna please sign-in to selfserve or call 611 on your phone to see if your plan is active.

Are you using a phone that is compatible with the Telus network?  As you're coming from Chatr, there's a chance your phone has 2G network access, and *may not* have required 3/4 G bands to connect here.  What phone and specific model do you have?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@shdezstna wrote:
Hello,   I just tried to port my number from Chatr to Public Mobile. After I filled out everything and i payed, it gave an error. Then, I tried again and it said the card was already activated. That's why I inserted the card in my phone. It appears the correct phone number, but I cannot send text, call or receive calls.
How long does it take for the transfer to be succesful?
Is there a problem?
Thanks for any help.  

@shdezstna  Ports take anywhere from an hour to more than 24 hours in some cases. Try restarting your phone to see if you can dial out. If you call 611 from your phone what happens?

Need Help? Let's chat.