cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem transferring number over from Fido

alan6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I started my Public Mobile plan 4 days ago and transferred my number from my existing Fido account. When attempting to transfer the number over, the error page "Oh no! It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic." appears. I have been unable to make/recieve calls or text for four days while my plan has been active. 

How can I transfer my number over so that I can actually use the plan which I am paying for?

3 REPLIES 3

sarabain
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had a similar issue and had to contact a moderator.  The link to do that is here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Whatever information you can provide, including account numbers and pins, may be useful but the moderator can ask you for the information you need, it just adds a little waiting time.

There is no way to contact someone by phone and no way to fix the port yourself, as far as I am aware.  Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alan6, When you say..  'attempting to transfer the number over', does that mean you set up the account, and then went into your self serve portal and tried to initiate a number transfer(port)?  Or did you enter your old Fido number during the initial activation?

Normally, when a port(transfer) is stuck, you are still able to make outgoing calls calls and to send texts.  If you have data, that should work also.

It sounds like something more fundemental went wrong during setup.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@alan6

Is your Fido account still active?  

You might have an incomplete port.  Likely need to contact moderator for help, but the wait times are about 72+ hours these days.  

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

Need Help? Let's chat.