cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem completing port

djk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On 12/28/18 I ported in my number to a new account. I have an iPhone 5s. I'm able to call out on the phone and access the voicemail. 

I am unable to receive calls. The calls go straight to the voicemail of the old service provider. Has anyone else had this problem and what is the fix?

Thanks,

djk

15 REPLIES 15

Reneelynn12

Usually when you cancel your service or the service is disconnected with your Previous provider before the number is ported you will lose the phone number. If that didn’t happen you would have to call bell to create a port out request, and then port the number over from the website. Hope that helps 🙂 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,

Thank you Carld123 for your message(!)

I don't know what happened but I rectify everything

Thank you again!

Sincerely

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Private message gone wrong??

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@djk

Unforunately, nobody on the community can help with an incomplete/stuck port.  You will need to wait for moderator help.  Continue to use your Bell service until the port is complete.  

djk

I contacted Bell and they say the account is still active. How do I re-port my number to PM?

I've left messages with moderators with no reply.

Thanks to anyone that can help me get my phone set up.

If the nubmer your are porting is specifically from Bell's mobile department (ie. Bell Mobility, and not Bell Canada lanline), then your porting request did not go through.

Some of the time, Bell does hang on to phone numbers until first speaking with the departing customer.  They do this to try to convince you to stay with them.  Only Bell can tell you if that is what they have done, but if have done that, they can note the account and remove and number transfer block that they have on their end.

If it's not a case of Bell wishing to first speak with the leaving customer, your request has outright failed.  If you are speaking with Bell customer service, make sure you gather important Bell account information such as the Bell account number.  That piece of information will greatly help you to get your phone number transferd to Public Mobile.

Once you have your Bell account number handly, contact the Public Moible moderator team to have to them process another number portability request for you.

@djk wrote:

Old service provider is Bell. When I just logged onto the account it appears it has not been closed so I'm assuming the port was not successful. However, why can I call out?

Definitely looks like a failed / partial port. I assume your request is for an active account at your previous provider?

There have been previous reports that Bell had been stalling the release of the number until they got a hold of the customer to try to convince them to stay. I agree with the suggestion above to check with Bell to see what is needed to release your number and if the request has to be re-submitted you need to contact the moderators.

MobileMomma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is not uncommon. If you have airplane mode or ‘do not disturb’ on, your incoming calls would be automatically directed to voicemail. However, since the calls are going to your old carrier’s voicemail, it is likely the port is incomplete. If you have closed the other account, you should not be able to access your voicemail. You will need to contact a moderator to fix the port. Include your phone number, pin, sim, and old account details in your message. 

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So, I think the port should be done successfully.

Maybe try to contact Bell, and ask them if they have completely release the number to public mobile.

djk

I go to voicemail and it is PM

I dial 611 and it is PM

hzmy

@djk wrote:

Old service provider is Bell. When I just logged onto the account it appears it has not been closed so I'm assuming the port was not successful. However, why can I call out?

I assume the port is not successful.

try to dial something like voicemail or 611 to see who is your provider.

djk

djk

Further to my problem, I just logged on to the old service provider and it doesn't show that the account has been closed. Please assist!

hzmy

@djk wrote:

On 12/28/18 I ported in my number to a new account. I have an iPhone 5s. I'm able to call out on the phone and access the voicemail. 

I am unable to receive calls. The calls go straight to the voicemail of the old service provider. Has anyone else had this problem and what is the fix?

Thanks,

djk

What is your old service provider? 

Has the port been done successfully in the first place?

Need Help? Let's chat.