cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem After Porting From Fongo

dannysoh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello 

I have done porting my number from Fongo. I can make outgoing calls and text messages from my phone. 

But out the problem is I cannot receive any incoming calls and text messages on my phone. It still goes to the Fongo app! 

Appreciate help from from experienced members or mods to help fix the problem. It is very annoying..... Thanks in advance 

6 REPLIES 6

@dannysohThe alternative is to message the moderators via SIMon to cancel the port and tell them to assign your account any number in the service area you want. In the future, with situations like this it is better to setup an account with a temporary number first, then use selfserve to port number in. Breaking the activation process into 2 steps give you more options in this case.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dannysoh wrote:

OMG!! I wasn’t aware it would take up to 2 weeks for the port to be completed. I was under the impression it would be done in a couple of minutes. The Fongo number is more than 3 months old so no problem with that. 

I also tried changing the phone number to a PM number but unfortunately no go for that as well.... I would prefer a fast solution rather than waiting for up to 2 weeks as this is actually intended for my daughter so I would prefer the phone line to be working as soon as possible. 

Thanks in in advance for the help 

You can install Fongo app on her phone to receive text and calls.

I have Fongo app on my phone.  I can receive phone call from Fongo number and my SIM card number on the same phone.

dannysoh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

OMG!! I wasn’t aware it would take up to 2 weeks for the port to be completed. I was under the impression it would be done in a couple of minutes. The Fongo number is more than 3 months old so no problem with that. 

I also tried changing the phone number to a PM number but unfortunately no go for that as well.... I would prefer a fast solution rather than waiting for up to 2 weeks as this is actually intended for my daughter so I would prefer the phone line to be working as soon as possible. 

Thanks in in advance for the help 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dannysoh 

Read the following link on porting number from Fongo.

https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/212437466-Transfer-my-Fongo-number-to-another-carrier

You need to pay $25 if your Fongo account is less than 30 days old.

Porting VoIP number will take up to 1 week.

While you are waiting for Fongo to release your Fongo number to PM, you can install the Fongo app to receive your phone calls and texts.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@dannysoh wrote:

Hello 

I have done porting my number from Fongo. I can make outgoing calls and text messages from my phone. 

But out the problem is I cannot receive any incoming calls and text messages on my phone. It still goes to the Fongo app! 

Appreciate help from from experienced members or mods to help fix the problem. It is very annoying..... Thanks in advance 

The porting from Fongo could take several days according to some older posts.  You should be still able to use fongo for your calls while you wait for the port to complete.  Don't close your account with them until the port is completed.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@dannysoh Get out the rocking chair and patience pills. Up to 2 weeks for fongo transfers: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Porting-from-fongo/m-p/80077/highlight/tr...

You may find it easier to manage this by turning on fongo's service to send emails of your voicemail. https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/212437666-Voicemail

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.