Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Messages - viewing and creating

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Updated July 20/17.

To view private messages that have been sent to you, locate the small envelope to the left of your avatar. Click it and your mail will be displayed.

Messages - retrieve.jpg

Normally the feature "email subscriptions for private messages" is automatically activated. If you wish check, click on My Settings under your name, then in the Preferences tab you will see "Private Messenger". Email subscriptions for private messages can be toggled on/off.

If you want to reach the moderators now click this: message to moderators.

Otherwise to create a private message for someone, locate their name in a post, or anywhere you see it, and put your mouse pointer over their name. When this box appears click Send Message and compose your message.

send pm.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
134 REPLIES 134

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@doughawkins wrote:

I need help from a monitor. I am not able to access my account. I have tried to reset my password with my email address and correctly answering the security question. I get a message telling me that a mail has been sent to me but I never get the email. My current term is about to >~expire. My email *****@icloud.com and my phone is **********. Thank you- Doug Hawkins 

This is a public forum so edited out your private information. Please send a private message to a moderator/customer service rep @CS_Agent

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

doughawkins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need help from a monitor. I am not able to access my account. I have tried to reset my password with my email address and correctly answering the security question. I get a message telling me that a mail has been sent to me but I never get the email. My current term is about to >~expire. My email *****@icloud.com and my phone is **********. Thank you- Doug Hawkins 

imm1304

Hi @EmmaUrsula!

This is the number our phones dial to access voicemail.  For me in Ontario, I dial the same number but with area code 647.  Try dialing +14385804001.. thts how it is saved in my dialer app's Voicemail settings.  

If you are having trouble calling local Quebec numbers, send a private message to @CS_Agent to have one of the mods take a look at your account.  

EmmaUrsula

My plan allows me ONLY talk in Quebec and unlimited voice mail message, so I call the number 438-580-4001 (without 1), after that I get a message saying that "I need an Add-on".

Could someone help me with that?

FYI: I have a Alcatel OneTouch phone

srlawren

@EmmaUrsula you need to set your voicemail access number to a local number from this list: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/access-voice-mail-out-of-home...

How you set the number varies from phone to phone but it's always in your phone app's setting somewhere   

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

EmmaUrsula

I want to listen my voice mail messages but I get a message saying that I should pay for an add on to do that because it is a long distance one, but it is not!

Could you help me with that please?

Thanks,

Veronica

Rockdaddy22

@meghanelizabeth wrote:

number is *********

data not working for almost a month.

new billing cycle  as of nov 1 and it still doesnt work.

only sms, calling and wifi.

Unfortunately Public Mobile does not offer phone support, so nobody will call you. 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

Rockdaddy22

I edited your post for privacy reasons. This is a public forum. 

Please send a detailed private message to @CS_Agent

meghanelizabeth

number is *********

data not working for almost a month.

new billing cycle  as of nov 1 and it still doesnt work.

only sms, calling and wifi.

srlawren

@maxatema yes, that confirms what I wrote above.  You should reach out the community moderators using the link I posted above.

The other alternative is you could download a VoIP app like Fongo to make and receive calls over data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22

Unfortunately the post after mine is correct. You can only call if you have a calling plan

maxatema

the automated calling thing that says i dont have a calling plan

srlawren

@maxatema wrote:

I added a calling add on to my phone planof unlimited texting and the calling still wont a couple days later, is there something more i need to do? On my plan overveiw it says that its active

@maxatema you said your plan is just unlimited texting?  If so, that's the issue.  The "calling add-ons" are actually long distance add-on minutes that can be added on top of a plan that has a talk feature.  They only work if you have at least province-wide talk in your plan, as they are just long distance minutes.  Unfortunately, I have been pleading with Public Mobile to have the system prevent people from even buying it if you don't have a talk option ( @Jeremy_M !!!!), but there's no sign of that happening any time soon.  😞

What you will wan to do is send a private message to the community moderator team using this link.  They can either help you add talk to your plan or hopefully at least credit your account for the amount of the add-on you're unable to use without it.  

Rockdaddy22

@maxatema wrote:

I added a calling add on to my phone planof unlimited texting and the calling still wont a couple days later, is there something more i need to do? On my plan overveiw it says that its active

What happens when you try and call out?

maxatema

srlawren

@Abdul98 I have edited your post to remove your phone number and email, as per community guidelines.  This is a public forum and anyone can read your posts, including Google's search engine.  

Please follow the directions provided by @ShawnC13 above this reply in order to contact the moderators privately for support.  Thanks Shawn!

@Abdul98, sorry I am not sure if you are trying to contact a MOD or not but I would suggest that you immediately remove your email and phone number from your post.  This is a public forum and you should protect your private information. Click on this link Moderator Team

to send a private message .
In your message please include:
* PM account email address
* SIM card number(if available)
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Abdul98

Axxxx.xxxxxxx@gmail.com my phone is 780XXXXXXX

Simon_O
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey there!

I just sent you a Private Message 😉

Please be very careful not to include private information in a public message!

Cheers,

Simon

maazu

My new public mobile # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is not activated and shown following message:

Oops ... It seems that something went wrong .. Please href=" https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help" Target="_blank">email us to get your account operational. We apologize for any inconvenience. 

Please guide. 

Thanks

srlawren

@wendywupro actually, as an alternative, since you've got data, you could use a data-based calling app such as Fongo or Hangouts Dialer in order to make calls while in the US.  They do not require roaming talk purchase but will use up some of your US Roaming data amount for calls.  Unfortunately since you've already left Canada, you won't be able to forward your incoming calls to a Fongo number, but you can still make outbound on either Fongo or Hangouts Dialer. That includes being able to call your Public Mobile voicemail to check for messages due to your inability to receive calls--just dial your own number, and when you hear your greeting start playing, tap the * button.  At that point I believe it will ask you to enter your full 10 digit phone number, and then your voicemail password.

srlawren

@wendywupro as @Rockdaddy22 mentioned, the behaviour you've described is exactly the way those add-ons should work.  The data add on you purchased is a US roaming add-on and works in the US, while the 200 min long distance add-on is for use within Canada, to call outside of your province (if you're on a province-wide talk plan) and/or to the USA, both while you're still within Canada.  If you want to use talk in the US, you'll need to purchase either the US Roaming Unlimited Talk 10-day add-on for $8 or the US Roaming Talk + Text bundle for $15.

Rockdaddy22
Those minutes can only be used in Canada. You need a US roaming talk and text plan.

wendywupro

I bought add on for US & Canada long distance plan for 200 minutes and 1 GB data in US, data is working in US, but can't call out or receiving call in US, when I was in Toronto I could call US, but when I am in US I couldn't call or receiving call.  My phone show AT&T, it keeps telling me I don't have plan.

I am in US now, I urgently need to use it please assist urgently, thank you

Wendy

srlawren

I really wonder what the differentiator here is.  I just came back from yet another trip to the US, travelling with another PM customer (her: Galaxy S7, talk+text US roaming bundle; me: OnePlus3, talk+text US roaming bundle and 1GB data US roaming) without issue, used all the way down the I5 through Washington right into Portland.  The day trip out to Seaside Oregon had some areas of little or no coverage, but that's to be expected going through those mountainous, unpopulated areas along the 26 highway.  He have both previously used the US roaming to and in Seattle area, Las Vegas, and Manhattan, all again with no issue.

Actually that's not entirely true:  we've both been hit with the end-of-the-10-day temporary testing issue (her: twice; me: once; so far) and I wouldn't be surprised if we get that again early next week when our add-ons expire.  But no actual issue using the service while in the US.  

I wonder why it doesn't seem to work for some?

Rockdaddy22
Any luck yet?

fitz_roy49

I'm trying to get the us addon to work.

@nazminoo If she has a credit card registered to her account, dial *611 from her phone and follow the prompts to make a payment.

FYI: You have posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum, or sending a private message directly to the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rockdaddy22
@nazminoo please send a private message to a moderator explaining your issue in detail.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

nazminoo

Hi my mother can't get into her account it says the password is wrong. and also when we say forgot the password and we answer the security question it still doesn't send us an email. we need to go to the account before the payment due date. and we are both frustrated. 

we appreciate if we can get help asap.

thanks 

Need Help? Let's chat.