Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Messages - viewing and creating

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Updated July 20/17.

To view private messages that have been sent to you, locate the small envelope to the left of your avatar. Click it and your mail will be displayed.

Messages - retrieve.jpg

Normally the feature "email subscriptions for private messages" is automatically activated. If you wish check, click on My Settings under your name, then in the Preferences tab you will see "Private Messenger". Email subscriptions for private messages can be toggled on/off.

If you want to reach the moderators now click this: message to moderators.

Otherwise to create a private message for someone, locate their name in a post, or anywhere you see it, and put your mouse pointer over their name. When this box appears click Send Message and compose your message.

send pm.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
134 REPLIES 134

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Are you on the mobile version?

@reh

Hover over name (mine as a test)

Click on "send message"

It opens message screen

Click on tab for "sent messages"

It has to be there

reh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
@kav2001c
I don't see "sent" anywhere...I have an outbox but it is empty ..some people say they can tell there message hasn't been read or received...I can't even figure out how to see that

@Mary_M , @Saray_O is there somewhere to see history...I sent PM's to you on Nov 21 and again Nov23(last message I sent to myself too so I can see it)

Please help my port get finished! Appreciate it!

@reh if you click on sent you will see your message history

reh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Is there a private message history? I am pretty sure I sent a message to the moderator on Monday but can't see the message. I would think that we can see our own messages no?
Thanks
@Mary_M

@khenquach Follow the directions in this link:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me....

If you are transferring a number, try your old SIM. If it works use it until it stops. Do Not cancel your old account.

Channel your patient persona. 🙏

Boomsly
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@khenquach You cannot activate the Sim card because you have already activated it. Even though the website said it failed, it actually did go through. Hopefully you just chose a new number and are porting an exisiting number (if applicable) later, otherwise the port during activation could have partially failed. Insert your public mobile sim into an unlocked phone and see if you have service, make sure you restart your phone. good luck!

khenquach
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please help me to activate my sim card because when I activate it and it fails. Now it does not allow me to activate my sim card. invalid sim when i activate it.

@richardini Please edit your post to remove all personal information; this forum is open to the public.

Send a private message to @Shazia_K with your phone number and the explanation you have here.

It will be several days before a moderator can respond but I am sure it will be adjusted.

richardini
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello: In order to give public Mobile a try, I bought 10-day plan that expired yesterday, Nov 14th. Few days ago, I had logged in on my account  and changed my plan to 90-day promotion. When I changed it, I clicked on the key for <Change on Renewal Day> but THAT DID NOT HAPPEN but rather renewed the first plan (10-day plan). So I logged into my account and changed myself to 90-day, and now I got it for 90 days. But, the problem is that I was charged for both plans, so besides the $120 for the 90 days, I have been charged $35 as well that would have been for the 10 days. 

Can you please advise how can I have the $35 credited to me?

My phone number 613-709-1779

NOW, I AM ON THE RIGHT PLAN- 120-DAY

I just need to be credited the $35 of the old 10-day plan that I started with, and which was supposed to be switched automatically on the renewal day (yesterday Nov 14), but it did not so I had to do it myself.

Thanks,

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Amazing. Straight and clear as water. Bonus with the Images:)

Tnx

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite fantastic, and sorely needed!

@Shazia_K are you able to make this a sticky topic?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

+1 Bravo

This is one of the least intuitive features on the boards

*hint hey Public I think I saw some Ideas to make it easier to notice... 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Luddite,

WoW, amazing post, you're awesome!!!! Woman Happy

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.