cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price plans

trishe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Some price plans were phased out.  How do I make sure I don't lose the current price plan I have? Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

trishe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It wasn't that people were losing their plans for a stem glitch or lack of payment.  Some plans were phased out.  The 6 gig for $45 and a few others.  It was announced to lock into them by April 22nd.  I just started on here a few weeks ago. Perhaps it was the last chance for anyone to lock into those old plans.  The same cost now isn't half that data

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Here is FAQ posted by Public Mobile Community Team

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This offer is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

My current plan is one of the ones set to expire. Is any action required from me?

If you would like to continue on your current plan, no change is required.

In the unfortunate possibility of system issues, we do not have the option of changing rate plans manually, but we`ll certainly do our best to find a solution Smiley Happy

My experience has been very positive with PM fixing any past billing issues quickly and effectively. Thank you @CS_Agent 

My advice to new customers is to be proactive and monitor their account status on a regular basis and practice safe plan renewals (as I mentioned above) to try and avoid being affected by the dreaded "system and billing  issues" that rise their ugly heads once in a while.Smiley Wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mh1983 

iirc I have not seen any reports of people losing their plan since I've been here. Certainly, if one goes into suspension for lack of payment or self-induced that after 90 days you lose *everything*. But just going into suspension does not leave it open to the plan being changed in the background by some nefarious greedy system.

IF, people do a plan change out of a promo plan then all bets are off. Accidentally, unknowingly whatever...then it's up to the mods to possibly do any goodwill gestures. But they're not obliged to. The system did as it was told.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Missing autopay or having a suspended account will not change your plan.  You keep your plan and price point until either you change it, or you get notified of price increases /or plan changes from public mobile in advance (as stated in TOS) 

If there is a system glitch PM I believe would have restore the plan, as the the user did not make the change. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@trishe wrote:

Some price plans were phased out.  How do I make sure I don't lose the current price plan I have? Thanks

1. Keep your plan active
  2. Never rely on AutoPay to renew your plan. Setup a reminder to make a manual payment so that you have the necessary funds in your account two days before your plan is set to renew.
  3.  Make sure that the Payment Due date always matches the AutoPay due date.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Pretty sure I read reports of people losing their $25 unlimited talk/text/1gb plan. Remember, the outage happened right around the time they introduced new plans and removed the $25 plan. So, I disagree that the rate plans are stable.

@mh1983 wrote:

I asked the moderators that very question and here's what I got back:

As general info, if you have the mentioned rate plan, or any kind of rate plan for that matter, it will be kept on your account if you have auto-pay or pay on time so that the line does not get de-activated.  

Then I expressed my concerns with respect to the recent system outage/degradation where people had suspended service, and asked if a plan could be retrieved if the system was at fault. Here's what I got back:

In the unfortunate possibility of system issues, we do not have the option of changing rate plans manually, but we`ll certainly do our best to find a solution Smiley Happy

Has anybody's plan been altered by system glitch?  I have not seen reports of that.  To me find a solution would be to correct the error and put things back to where they were. 

That said, people do need to understand that there truly isn't such a thing as grandfathered plan where the customer is in the driver seat.  The terms of service governs all aspects of service delivery.  The terms of service provides that Public Mobile can change our plan as they please provided they give notice of change.  Those who were here back in February 2018 should know about the infamous price increase for customers on the 2016 fall promo.  The legacy customers can attest to several price increases to their plans as a way of moving them off of call center support.  Generally speaking, the rate plans are stable, but nothing lasts forever. 

mh1983

I asked the moderators that very question and here's what I got back:

As general info, if you have the mentioned rate plan, or any kind of rate plan for that matter, it will be kept on your account if you have auto-pay or pay on time so that the line does not get de-activated.  

Then I expressed my concerns with respect to the recent system outage/degradation where people had suspended service, and asked if a plan could be retrieved if the system was at fault. Here's what I got back:

mojorising

@trishe wrote:

Never switch to another plan.

sunflowershine

@trishe wrote:

@trishe Sometimes the new plans maybe cheaper than the old ones. You better check out your need and get the one suitable for your situation. 

joaqmarq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

“A grandfather clause is a provision in a law or contract that allows old rules to continue to apply in certain situations.” 

Old Promo plans do not change.

Need Help? Let's chat.