cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Increase

Bella
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I’m on the $120 plan with 12GB’s of data for 90 days, will this price remain or will Public Mobile ever increase the price. My question is, are we grandfathered at this rate. Thanks 

16 REPLIES 16

PeterH

Apparently not the case as of today.

e1e0n

Very - very disappointed. I wonder what happens to already prepaid portion of my plan if I go to Koodo? I just renewed ... Seems like a scam to me :(((((

Bella

Yea I’m very surprised at the price increase. Very disappointing from Public Mobile. At Christmas time I could of gone to Rogers for $40 for 4GB. Wish they would of told us sooner. Now I don’t know what I’m gonna to do. 

except it has now gone up substantially 

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

yes it's been mentioned in many threads.

i guess i panicked since my renewal date was on 26th.

Thanks anyway!

cricketfan

They shouldn't increase the price and if or when they do, go to another provider with a better plan which suits you. Till then enjoy the savings. Don't worry about such little things. Life is much bigger than a phone plan. Enjoy it till it's no more. 😄

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Bella, if your friends weren't on a PROMO plan they they may have yes to get a good deal.  If they left a PROMO plan to get that pricing in fear of a price increase I think they have made a bad choice as the promo plans pricing will continue as a grandfathered plan.

^^^^^^ this.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Bella, if your friends weren't on a PROMO plan they they may have yes to get a good deal.  If they left a PROMO plan to get that pricing in fear of a price increase I think they have made a bad choice as the promo plans pricing will continue as a grandfathered plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

With What I am Paying, on a 90 Day Term,
Unlim Can-Wide US+Global Txt+6GB for $150, My Mother's also on Same plan, Hoping PM doesn't Alter the Plan

Bubba
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They jumped on the Zoomer $36.00 per month with 2GB of data.

I dont see how a 3rd party branded plan can better than a brand run by a company itself, whetther its Telus, or any other company. you actually dont get the same value. Zoomer  would be somthing like a plan from 7-11 plan or PC mobile. I'm very loyal to Loblaw company stuf, but there is no real valuse in what they offer, besides for a casual user

Bella

It's just that a couple of my friends have just left Public Mobile because of some forum where they are stating that Public is going to increase plans.  They jumped on the Zoomer $36.00 per month with 2GB of data.

This has been confirmed IN MULTIPLE THREADS already.

Your grandfathered plans (Fall 2016 promo, Talk and Text promos, Freeddom Promo, and the $165 promo from the spring 2017) will all continue until YOU CHOOSE to change plans (or port out), or when provided a 30 (or more) notice for a price change.

Come on people, do a search for your questions befor asking the same one again, and again, and again, and again.

Sorry for my rant - I love to help, but I repeat myself so many times, I'm tired of it.

neo911

I had the exact same question. Will any mod confirm this? Will our existing plans continue?

Btw got to know of major shakeup at PM from a reddit forum. With the new pricing PM is at par with the big 3! Whatever happened to the good ol' PM?

jpar

Hopefully we'll be able to keep our plans for a long while yet.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

As always, we need to be wary that all terms and conditions can be changed with 30 days notice.  Knowing this is important because should it happen, there won't be any questions of how they can get away with doing that.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Our promo plans are grandfathered, which means as long as we don't make any changes, we can keep renewing the same plan.  Of course there are no guarantees beyond a 30-day notice requirement for price increases, just like any other carrier, but there are also no plans to do so for our promo packages as yet.  For what it's worth, PM has a good history of leaving promo/grandfathered plans alone.  There has only been one increase of $3 to the Legacy plans thus far.

Need Help? Let's chat.