cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to Transfer Bell Home Landline Number to Public?

Winning247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys,

I was thinking of possibly getting a mobile phone for my dad. He currently only has a telephone landline with Bell, which is getting expensive and is difficult to reach him when he’s not home.

Does anyone know if it’s possible for him to keep the same landline number if he was to transfer it to Public mobile?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

@Winning247 wrote:

Awesome, thanks!

So we wouldn't have to contact Bell to transfer the number, correct?

@Winning247  Yes, that is correct.

Also, do you see any possibility with this transfer not working?

There is always a possibility that something might go wrong. But if you provide the correct info then usually it works without any issues. Once the port completes and Bell releases the number to Public your Bell account will automatically close until then you will still be able to receive calls on your bell phone.

Winning247

Awesome, thanks!

So we wouldn't have to contact Bell to transfer the number, correct?

Also, do you see any possibility with this transfer not working?

@Winning247 wrote:

Do you know what the process if we were to transfer the number? Would we have to call bell? 

@Winning247  Purchase a PM sim card choose your plan and activate it by picking a temporary number. Don't forget to use your referral code  to get the $10 credit. Once everything is setup and you selfserve online account has been setup make sure that everything works to your/his liking.

Once that is done access your account online via selfserve and choose the change number option (see overview page under the profile section).

Enter the Bell

1. Account number
  2. Name and address of the account
  3. Bell phone number.

Once that is done it will take between 4-7 business days for the port to complete.

Hope this helps.

Winning247

Yeah, we talked about this. He doesn't like strangers entering his house which removes a lot of options. 

Winning247

Do you know what the process if we were to transfer the number? Would we have to call bell? 

maxandvixen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think it might depend on his landline carrier.  Where I live, I couldn't get my same number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Winning247 wrote:

Hey guys,

I was thinking of possibly getting a mobile phone for my dad. He currently only has a telephone landline with Bell, which is getting expensive and is difficult to reach him when he’s not home.

Does anyone know if it’s possible for him to keep the same landline number if he was to transfer it to Public mobile?

Thanks!

You'd want to be sure your has Dad has buy-in. Maybe he likes his telecom's the way they are 🙂

There are cheaper landline deals too.

Edit: @popping: too many edits 🙂

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Winning247 wrote:

Hey guys,

Thanks!

Yes, it can be done, but takes 4-7 business days to complete.

Need Help? Let's chat.