cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible new Customer

Rekarp16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I am looking to sign up with Public Mobile.  Just wondering how you find the reception and the service with Public Mobile.  I understand it is all online but how does that work and what are the big drawbacks.  Also, how do the referrals work?

12 REPLIES 12

TostitoLove
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just finished switching out the third cell phone for my family away from Freedom.  I couldn't even get reception in my basement or third floor of my own home in central Vancouver!  PM so far has done right by me. I love their prices and their cell network has been great.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Rekarp16, i didn’t see it mentioned, but this is the shared Telus and Bell networks.  I prefer this over Rogers and Freedom networks, as the Telus/Bell towers cover where I am, better than Rogers or Freedom.

it really depends on where you use your device(s), and what services you use day to day.

Ask your friends and coworkers on Bell and Telus branded carriers what they think of the service where you are.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Rekarp16

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Ditto to all replies - I live on the west coast and mostly travel in an urban/suburban area and reception has been great.

I've found the rewards system at Public Mobile to provide lots of incentive to help others at in the Community and also refer new customers - details:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was with another mainstream carrier and was paying twice the price. Whenever there were issues and I had to call my carrier, I would be waiting for 30+ minutes to speak with an agent who in many cases was unable to resolve the matter. My PM experience has been great so far.

MJ23

That's true if you have problem with other provider you will need to WAIT for answer on the phone... @TostitoLove Smiley Frustrated

TostitoLove

I was with "a different cell phone service provider" and had to call them all the time because of problems.  No joy.  I'm a soooo glad I haven't had to call Public Mobile at all.

I'm really liking the community.  Nice folks and good advice.  Not all companies can pull this off.  If the cell phone service was bad, this model would never work.

@Alex888 wrote:
The reception depends on where you live, it uses the same towers as Telus, if you live if a city the reception should be good. The main drawback is if you have a problem and need a moderator it can take 1-2 days to get a response, but often the community can help to solve most problems. For referrals, when someone signs up they are asked who referred them and to give the PM phone number of that person. The person who referred the new customer will get a $1 reward every 30 days for as long as the new customer stays with PM.

And you get a $10 credit; i.e. the SIM cost.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Rekarp16 wrote:

So I am looking to sign up with Public Mobile.  Just wondering how you find the reception and the service with Public Mobile.  I understand it is all online but how does that work and what are the big drawbacks.  Also, how do the referrals work?

The reception is the same as Telus Mobility since Public Mobile is owned by them, and uses the same identical network. 

There are sometimes strange quirks in the activation and self-serve system, but i'm been a customer more than 2 years and have never experienced any problems.

For referals, if you have the phone number of a customer who has referred you, you can enter that as the referring phone number during activation.  You'll receive a $10 one-time credit for being referred by that person.  Keep in mind that the referral system will tell that other person your phone number, but no other info.

I find public mobile very pleasant because you can do all by yourself...if you like that...and no @TostitoLove you can't speak with someone but you ask your question here and the community will try to help you!!!

TostitoLove

I was a bit hesitant hearing I couldn't call someone if I had a problem but, quite frankly, I'd rather be with a service where I don't have a need to call someone and one that I do.  I've been with Public Mobile for a couple of months now and absolutely love it.  No network issues, good reception and decent prices where everyone is treated fairly.  I hope my two cents help!

maeln

If you want to save money welcome in public mobile... @Rekarp16..and you need to be a little autonomus...for the reference you can save a 10$ credit..

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

The reception depends on where you live, it uses the same towers as Telus, if you live if a city the reception should be good. The main drawback is if you have a problem and need a moderator it can take 1-2 days to get a response, but often the community can help to solve most problems. For referrals, when someone signs up they are asked who referred them and to give the PM phone number of that person. The person who referred the new customer will get a $1 reward every 30 days for as long as the new customer stays with PM. One of the best things is the rates, the best rates in Canada, and often more than half the cost of other providers, I think it's worth possibly having to wait for a moderator.

Need Help? Let's chat.