cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting

joesugarman27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was trying to help setup my friend for a PM plan, she is on a Bell Corporate Plan and Can’t log into the account. What happens when you port with an outstanding balance of your old account? Will it just not work. Also if we pay off the balance will the plan auto cancel even though she is on a corporate account?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cwduby wrote:

Im not sure about Bell but at Telus you cannot port Corporate numbers. Corporate customers are handled totaly by company reps and no 3rd party ressellers. You could try calling Bell Corporate support 1 800 667 0123 or use online support at 

https://business.bell.ca/shop/small-business/contact-us 

Hope this helps.

Both my wife and I successfully ported our corporate numbers from Telus to Public Mobile. That was one year ago. I don't know if policy has changed since then.

GC

cwduby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Im not sure about Bell but at Telus you cannot port Corporate numbers. Corporate customers are handled totaly by company reps and no 3rd party ressellers. You could try calling Bell Corporate support 1 800 667 0123 or use online support at 

https://business.bell.ca/shop/small-business/contact-us 

Hope this helps.

thommankuriakos
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I first created my account it got glitched out and tried to create the account for the second time and I got a new number (With same email address); I was charged twice and when I tried to port my number it wasn't able to do so. I need a refund as well as I need to port.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@joesugarman27, the only way to find out what kind of break up fees are involved is to simply reach out to the existing provider or review the terms of the current agreement if that is handy.  Public Mobile has no way of know the terms with Bell.  Generally speaking, there have not been a consumer level contract for several years now.  The agreements generally cover the cost of the hardware and remaining device balance.  This can be rather large depending on the terms.  It is best to be informed before making a move.

jp2

Bell may also charge them a penalty for breaking the contract if it isn't to the end of term.

meocon

@joesugarman27 I think she has to contact Bell to know how much for final bill first & how she can pay for final balance after cancelling it. After she gets all info she wants to know, she can port her number to PM anytime

joesugarman27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have not ported it yet, I was just wondering because she wants to set a plan up with PM.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.