cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting unavailable?

Romans10v9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, I was super excited to get my PM sim card and go through activation, but then after receiving my temporary number I asked the moderators to port my old number, and this is the reply:

"I just tried to port this phone number, but unfortunately, this number is not eligible for our network. I will attach the error message below:

"No, this number is not eligible to be transferred to TELUS because we do not currently provide service in the client's local calling area.""

This is so strange because I can see a Telus tower right from my house?? And if I search for networks, Telus shows up (or Public Mobile if I have that sim card in). The Moderator said they can't do anything about it. I guess this is my first and last month of PM unless there's anything you can suggest here on the community, as I like to keep my number. Hope you can help! 

32 REPLIES 32

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Romans10v9 as @RossN asked, who is your previous provider? It appears they are the issue not PM. Hope it all works out for you.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Romans10v9 hi who was your previous provider? some smaller providers will not release their numbers 

Need Help? Let's chat.