cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting two phone numbers from a single account

guilstlaurent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I would like to join PM soon, and have already ordered and received my SIM cards, but I wanted to be sure of this before proceeding any further : I have two phone numbers (one for my wife and one for myself) under the same Rogers business account, and was wondering if this might cause any port or transfer problem (since we really don't want to change our numbers)?

Best regards,

Guillaume St-L.

5 REPLIES 5

Janebrm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@guilstlaurent I've ported two numbers on the same account. it doesn't matter which one you choose to port out first as the remaining number will still be active under the account holders name. the one thing you need to avoid, is using your wife's number as the alternate number during activation. this will most likely cause issues... I've seen customers do this and public ported the wrong number out.

for email you can use aliases if you would like the accounts under 1 email address

ie. guilstlaurent@gmail.com

guilstlaurent+wife@gmail.com

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@guilstlaurent  Best to port the secondary account phone number first and the main number last.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@guilstlaurent 

If you need assistance with your activations you can always use the live chat with a representative.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

One sim, one email per account. So you will need two email addresses. Can use same card for both. advised to sign up a day later the second account so card is not blocked thinking duplicate transaction.

No issues with porting your Rogers numbers. One to each account.

Use a referral code for the first account to receive a $10 sign up bonus applied to the account within 72 hours of activation.

Once first account is created log into that account and it will show you that accounts referral code on the right hand side. 

Use the first accounts referral code on the second account. Second account will get a $10 sign up bonus in 72 hours and the first account will receive $1 off per 30 days.

On activation page when you are signing up. There will be a section to port the number.

Ensure Rogers account is in good standing to port the numbers over.

Need Help? Let's chat.