cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Porting two numbers from shared account

Hi there,

I'm currently on an old Rogers shared plan with my wife, and I would like to port both numbers to PM.  Since both numbers are under the same account, I'm worried when I port one number over, the account will be deactivated and the other number will be lost.  I could only find one old thread on this topic, but I don't think they were porting both numbers.  Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Porting two numbers from shared account

Hi @dlepp

You can port one number first, and the other will remain the same in the Rogers. After that, you port the other one. I believe that you can port both at the same time. Thanks

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @dlepp

i was just in the same situation as you and finished porting over today. Everything works great.

what i did was transfer my second number first then the main number from the account to public mobile.

super easy and fast. =)

Mayor / Maire

@dlepp I had the same situation, but with Telus. The porting went smoothly and there was no issue with accounts being deactivated or numbers lost. With my situation, I ported my number first (main account holder with the 2GB shared data attached to it) and then ported over my wife's number a few hours later. In that 3-hour window, my wife used data and we were charged for it because the shared data was essentially cancelled when I ported out.

The suggestion I would make... port the number that doesn't have the shared data attached to it first. Thankfully, Telus was kind enough to reverse the charge, but I want to prevent you from having same experience I did.

Thanks a lot for the info. So if I port the two numbers, do I still need to contact Rogers to cancel, or is it just cancelled automatically?
Mayor / Maire

It's automatic, so make sure you don't cancel anything with Rogers, because you need your account with them active. Once both your numbers are ported over to PM, your Rogers account is essentially cancelled. Usually the process prompts your "final invoice" to be created and either paper mailed or sent electronically.

Hope that helps to clarify the porting process for you. My understanding is that Rogers may take a few hours to port numbers, so your service with them should continue until that time.

If you have any issues, let the community know.

So just wanted to follow-up, I transferred both numbers one after the other and it worked without issue, took maybe 30s each.  I restarted the phones and the new numbers were already transferred. 

Mayor / Maire

Fantastic update, @dlepp!  Welcome to Public Mobile!  Smiley Very Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.