cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Porting said succesful, but the phone doesn't think so...

@popping wrote:

@catlang wrote:

I activated a PM sim today and took the phone number I was given. At home I used self serve to port over my old number. The result said successful. On self serve it is showing the correct number ported, on my phone it is showing the number I was given at the store. The phone will not recieve any calls with the ported number or the number that I was originally given. I'm not sure why?

FYI

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.  If you old SIM card is still working, continue to use it until it stops working which indicates your port is completed.  Then, start using you PM SIM card and enjoy your saving with PM.

Porting a mobile number will take couple of hours to couple of days to complete.

Porting a landline number will take about a week to complete.

Sounds reasonable. The last time I did this with PM though, as soon as the self serve page said it was done, it was. This time it's not, that's what has me a bit concerned.

@geopublic wrote:

@catlang wrote:

I activated a PM sim today and took the phone number I was given. At home I used self serve to port over my old number. The result said successful. On self serve it is showing the correct number ported, on my phone it is showing the number I was given at the store. The phone will not recieve any calls with the ported number or the number that I was originally given. I'm not sure why?

@catlang  Power down your phone tunics the sim and wait for 15 minutes. Reinsert your sim and power up does it show the correct number now?

This does not work.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hmmm...did you check to see if your phone is still compatible? Maybe the phone and hardware experts could chime in. APN  issue perhaps. I know LG phones can be tricky.

Mayor / Maire

@catlang wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@catlang wrote:

@catlang  Power down your phone tunics the sim and wait for 15 minutes. Reinsert your sim and power up does it show the correct number now?

This does not work.

@catlang 

Call 1-877-868-3587 and follow the instructions below:
Prompt 1: say "English"
Prompt 2: say either "Representative"

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is the Telus porting centre. They do work on behalf of all Telus and Bell subsidiaries of which Public Mobile is one of them. However, they do not have access to your Public Mobile account. They are however capable of troubleshooting and fixing Ports already in progress.

More info here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

Hope this helps.

As previously mentioned....

This does not work.

@darlicious wrote:

Hmmm...did you check to see if your phone is still compatible? Maybe the phone and hardware experts could chime in. APN  issue perhaps. I know LG phones can be tricky.

Maybe? It will be replaced by Redmi Note 7 in a couple of weeks.

@catlang 

Call 1-877-868-3587 and follow the instructions below:
Prompt 1: say "English"
Prompt 2: say either "Representative"

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is the Telus porting centre. They do work on behalf of all Telus and Bell subsidiaries of which Public Mobile is one of them. However, they do not have access to your Public Mobile account. They are however capable of troubleshooting and fixing Ports already in progress.

More info here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

Hope this helps.

I will try this if it does not resolve tonight, thanks.

@darlicious wrote:

I'll chime in with that APN settings do not affect number porting. In fact a customer doesn't even need to have correct APN settings for phone calls and text messaging to work.

Highlighted

Thank you @amills  for the original post and @clexxi for giving me an idea to search porting department phone numbers and @mimmo for supplying the link that seems to be helping many people solve their porting issues on their own and freeing up the moderators time to deal with other issues solvable only by them. It seems to be having an effect on reducing wait times to contacting the mods. Bravo Bravo Bravo!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

I'll chime in with that APN settings do not affect number porting. In fact a customer doesn't even need to have correct APN settings for phone calls and text messaging to work.

Thanks @computergeek541  the tech side is definitely not my strong suit...thanks for chiming in...I'll ring your bell in these situations...lol....thx again.