cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Porting said succesful, but the phone doesn't think so...

I activated a PM sim today and took the phone number I was given. At home I used self serve to port over my old number. The result said successful. On self serve it is showing the correct number ported, on my phone it is showing the number I was given at the store. The phone will not recieve any calls with the ported number or the number that I was originally given. I'm not sure why?

Mayor / Maire

Re: Porting said succesful, but the phone doesn't think so...

It can take a few hours for the port and once completed then you should receive a text.  Are you porting from Koodo ?  If you still have problems then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

OK, thanks for the reply. I will wait and see what happens. Thanks.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What phone do you have?  On my android phone, I find the same issue.  After number port, I am no longer seeing the right number in the settings.  Everything works, port was completed.  

Try rebooting your phone after removing the SIM card for a couple of minutes.

Mayor / Maire

@catlang wrote:

I activated a PM sim today and took the phone number I was given. At home I used self serve to port over my old number. The result said successful. On self serve it is showing the correct number ported, on my phone it is showing the number I was given at the store. The phone will not recieve any calls with the ported number or the number that I was originally given. I'm not sure why?

FYI

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.  If you old SIM card is still working, continue to use it until it stops working which indicates your port is completed.  Then, start using you PM SIM card and enjoy your saving with PM.

Porting a mobile number will take couple of hours to couple of days to complete.

Porting a landline number will take about a week to complete.

Mayor / Maire

@catlang wrote:

@catlang  Power down your phone remove the sim and wait for 15 minutes. Reinsert your sim and power up does it show the correct number now?

Edit.

@geopublic wrote:

@catlang wrote:

@catlang  Power down your phone tunics the sim and wait for 15 minutes. Reinsert your sim and power up does it show the correct number now?

As previously mentioned....

This is on an ancient LG G3.

@darlicious wrote:

Try rebooting your phone after removing the SIM card for a couple of minutes.

That did not work.