cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting request - insufficient customer service

christinakang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm a new to public mobile and currently unable to use my phone - no service.

I received a voicemail message saying that the port request is incomplete because I didn't authorize it (wasn't even aware of this step when I activated the sim). The person on the voicemail called me from the TELUS customer support #  866-558-2273.

They didn't leave much instruction.. just said to call back to complete the porting process.

So I call back the TELUS customer support # because that's the only one I have to go off of. Waited 40 mins on hold for the TELUS agent to tell me to call 855-478-2542 because that's public mobiles customer support line, so I do. The options on this line never lead to an actual person or have options for technical service issues .....  Can anyone tell me how to authorize porting or speak to a person so I can use my phone again. ... 

1 REPLY 1

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@christinakang wrote:

I'm a new to public mobile and currently unable to use my phone - no service.

I received a voicemail message saying that the port request is incomplete because I didn't authorize it (wasn't even aware of this step when I activated the sim). 

Are you porting a number from another provider?  did you still have your old sim on a phone and turned on to receive text?  

you can call the porting department as suggested by the other poster and they can trigger the porting again.  Just make sure you put in the SIM of your old provider on a phone. you will get a text from that provider and you need to reply with a YES to complete the porting process.

yes, the customer service model is different.. but this is what keep the service cheaper 🙂

Welcome to Public...

Need Help? Let's chat.