cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting problem

Mrshilltop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for PM while my cell phone number from rogers was inactive. I then got the card in the mail and realized i had to reactivate my number before porting. Now it doesn't work, what do i need to do? 

4 REPLIES 4

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You could contact Rogers and see if you can get your number. You would probably have to sign up with them again. I'm not sure how it works as I remember long time ago bell rep told me they they don't through the number back into the pool so that the new customer doesn't start receiving calls from everybody who has it in their phonobook and I believe she said it takes 90 days for the number to become available for the new user. 

But this was long long time ago and I have feeling things changed since then. 

Give it a call and see if it was assigned and if not try to get it again

@Mrshilltop wrote:

Yes, my account for PM is all set up. I just need my phone number properly ported to PM from rogers.

How long ago did you start the port from Rogers?  They have been known to hold onto the request until a retention agent tries to keep you.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mrshilltop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, my account for PM is all set up. I just need my phone number properly ported to PM from rogers.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mrshilltop wrote:

I signed up for PM while my cell phone number from rogers was inactive. I then got the card in the mail and realized i had to reactivate my number before porting. Now it doesn't work, what do i need to do? 

@Mrshilltop  Do you still want to port the number from Rogers?

Need Help? Let's chat.