cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone number

Shell23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have all of the information to port my phone from Rogers.  However when I put in an alternate phone number, which it requires, it puts me back to phone eligibility with the first 6 digits of my number, and the last 4 with the alternate number's.  I can't get past that.

8 REPLIES 8

Shell23

Thanks to all of you who replied so quickly!!  I cleared the browser's cache and that did the trick!!  I'm signed up, just waiting for Rogers to unlock my phone so my new sim card will be accepted!  

Try browsing incognito as well.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just did this for my wife and didn't encounter the issue mentioned in the original post. I suspect it's a browser cache issue as others mentioned and I'd suggest another browser or incognito window. Also I don't think I put hyphens in for the number, but the port page should tell you the correct format.

@Shell23 wrote:

I did try that and it said alternate number was required.

It has been quite a while since I completed an activation.  IIRC, the alternate number is entered as 10 digits without hyphens.  Did you enter it with or without hyphens?  The fields in the activation portal is sensitive to format even though there are no warnings about it.  The account number is a field that I am 100% certain that is format sensitive.  The account number must not contain spaces or hyphens.  The Rogers account number is shown in billing with hyphens which must be removed when entering it into the porting screen.  Anyway, hope this strategy helps. 

This is one of the most comprehensive account setup guides I have ever seen in the community forum.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

@Shell23 are you doing this on the PM website during signup ? if your are take a temporary number and then once you complete and are active create an account and port number there under change phone number

Shell23

I did try that and it said alternate number was required.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Shell23 You need your Rogers account number phone number that you are porting and name on account that is all the info you need

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shell23  - Sounds like a browser issue.  Try again after clearing your browser's cache and/or running your browser in Privacy/Incognito mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.