cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone number from PC Mobile

jonathonmatula
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking to port my number (former PC Mobile Customer).

I tried online but I got a message saying it can't do it or something.

Please help!

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

Some of you are very good at reading between the lines! My take on the initial post was that @jonathonmatula was trying to Port away from Public Mobile to another company using the PM self serve website to do it. I would have answered that you can’t do that, you port to another Company through that company and your PM service is terminated when they take your number.

There is often a lot of interpretation and speculation on what people are meaning when they don't use familiar terminology. So the regulars throw around all the possibilities up until the customer might finally respond to all the questions posed. Sometimes the customer just disappears and we don't get any updates. Maybe they just get overwhelmed. Who knows.

For me...in this case...the keyword was "former". So I wouldn't have interpreted it as leaving here.

Some of you are very good at reading between the lines! My take on the initial post was that @jonathonmatula was trying to Port away from Public Mobile to another company using the PM self serve website to do it. I would have answered that you can’t do that, you port to another Company through that company and your PM service is terminated when they take your number.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jonathonmatula wrote:

It is still active. I just got off the phone with them and verified that as I knew it would have to be active to port the number over.

You can use the self-serve portal to port your postpadi Koodo number or PC Mobile number to PM.  Restart your browser and start the process again because moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

jonathonmatula

It is still active. I just got off the phone with them and verified that as I knew it would have to be active to port the number over.

jonathonmatula

PC Mobile Post paid

jonathonmatula

Yes. During registration I was under the understanding that I could port the number after activation as it was a PC Mobile / Koodo number.

popping

@liuxinbing wrote:

@popping wrote:

@jonathonmatula wrote:

Please help!

Thanks!

Are you currently with Koodo prepaid or postpaid?

If you are with Koodo prepaid, you need to send a private message to moderator to port your number.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you are with Koodo postpaid, try again to use the self-server to port your number after restarted your browser.

OP said he is with PC.

PC Mobile postpaid customers was moved to Koodo last year because PC Mobile was shutdown.  That is the reason why I ask the question.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jonathonmatula wrote:

Please help!

Thanks!

@jonathonmatula  Please note that in order to be able to complete the port your PC Mobile account needs to be active.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popping wrote:

@jonathonmatula wrote:

Please help!

Thanks!

If you are with Koodo prepaid, you need to send a private message to moderator to port your number.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you are with Koodo postpaid, try again to use the self-server to port your number after restarted your browser.

OP said he is with PC.

popping

@jonathonmatula wrote:

Please help!

Thanks!

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@jonathonmatula wrote:

Please help!

Thanks!

If you are not able to do it by yourself ask the moderator to help you here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437. Be patient waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Did you first activate an account with a public phone number?

Need Help? Let's chat.