cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting over from Voip

kkaunen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated sim today. The rep was unable to port over my VOIP number to public mobile. I am given the mobile number. Who can help with porting over my current number to Public Mobile?

5 REPLIES 5

@slash407 wrote:

u have to do it online when loggined in.......i always tell people to avoid porting over at walamrt because for whatever reason they have alot of problems and ur standing there wasting 30 minutes as they try to figure it out and sometimes they dont and u still gatta do it urself online, might as well bypass all of that.

Why would you waste 30 minutes standing there? I do agree that it is much more convienient to activate Public Mobile service from the comfort of your home,  but when a number porting request is done immediately during activation at the store, the the cell phone associate at Walmart isn't going to know if a number port was successful or not, so why would you wait around?  The customer would just activate and leave.

Further, as this thread was about porting from a VoIP provider, that gets handled in a landline-type timeframe when it comes to number portability.  The customer isn't going to stand in the Walmart for a few days.

kkaunen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This worked! Thanks a lot 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@kkaunen  Remember most voip numbers are classified as voip / free numbers forever, so you may in the future have trouble using the number you brought over for verification purposes like bank accounts or uber eats or amazon web servers or ebay account, etc so just keep that in mind. You may type in your number into a service like google to verify your identity with a 4 or 6 digit code that never arrives. Just a FYI.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@kkaunen In your self-serve account you can click on Change Number and request to have your number ported, as long as your VOIP account is still active.

Transfers from VOIP can take up to 2 weeks.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@kkaunen wrote:

I activated sim today. The rep was unable to port over my VOIP number to public mobile. I am given the mobile number. Who can help with porting over my current number to Public Mobile?

@kkaunenYou can try yourself in self serve here, under plans and addons, change phone number, transfer number.

2323232323232.jpg

Otherwise if you are unable to I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message.

Need Help? Let's chat.