cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting over from PC Mobile

helenycheng
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm wondering how long the process would take to port over the number from PC Mobile.  I activated a temp number last night and sent a PM to the mod team already but haven't heard anything back.  Just would like to know how long I will need to carry the two SIMs for.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

@Accylad6 wrote:

When signing up for Public Mobile from PC Mobile, the site advses to select "new number" and then contact the moderator to arrange the switch back to the old number. Followed the instructions. How long until I recieve a response from the moderator?

A few hours to a few says - depends on how many other messeages they have to answer

Accylad6

When signing up for Public Mobile from PC Mobile, the site advses to select "new number" and then contact the moderator to arrange the switch back to the old number. Followed the instructions. How long until I recieve a response from the moderator?

helenycheng

Thanks everyone & the mod team for the help.

My number came over successfully Man LOL

I was a little anxious because when I switched over from Koodo to PC, my phone was down for almost a week (over a long weekend) and that was quite an aggravating process. 

Thanks All!!

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @helenycheng,

Generally a port can take anywhere from a few minutes to 72 hours.  If you entered all the required information correctly during the port it should be quicker.  However somethimes the porting can have errors (system, or data entered was incorrect), and that's where the MOD can re-submit the port for you.  

For me half my services were working (sending but not receiving), so after a day I messaged the MOD and they re-submitted the port and it took only minutes for everything to work properly.  

Hmm

Prepay does require manual intervention but that is still pretty long (and dangerous as prepay could have gone inactive)

Well at least alls well that ends well

Koodo prepaid. I'm guessing it was just an anomaly.

@JL9assuming no errors 2 weeks is pretty long

Voip number? (Even a landline would be quicker)

@will13amits quick but not THAT quick

Cat LOL

@will13am wrote:

The actual porting process itself will literally take a minute once it is submitted. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes it varies bu the sounds of it. It may take a day or 2. Mine took almost 2 weeks. I think it is dependent on a number of factors.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The actual porting process itself will literally take a minute once it is submitted. 

Need Help? Let's chat.