cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number

ndesh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having trouble porting my number from 711. Any suggestions?

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

ndesh

My 711 number is active. I am keeping at it...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ndesh wrote:

I did that during activation.  Should I get a temporary number and then do the porting?

Thanks 

Yes.  You should get a PM number first to make sure your account working correctly before porting.

Its recommends that you do. It supplies you with a safety net in case something goes wrong.  Here is a link to a guide on porting from 711 https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ndesh wrote:

Thanks 

Read my post on how I ported my 7-11 Speakout number to PM in 4 hours without moderator assistant.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

ndesh

I did that during activation.  Should I get a temporary number and then do the porting?

Thanks 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ndesh ,  @kselmak  is ttrying to get more information in order to help you, please answer the questions. And  my two as well.  How far in the process did you get? Did you initiate the port?  If so, how long ago?  Are you having trouble filling out the form to initiate the port? Thanks.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ndesh wrote:

Thanks 

@ndesh  Speakout does not use account numbers so you need to use the PIN or IMEI.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You must  provide  the account number and the name. Then leave the rest of of the fields blank. You  must chick the box that you are authorized to transfer the number.

Let us know if that worked

Thanks

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@ndesh 

Did you already open an account with temporary number or are you trying to do during activation?

Is your account with 711 active?

Are you getting any error messages?

Need Help? Let's chat.