cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number to VOIP services

jeffto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, If I port my number from Rogers to PM, sign up for data only plan, then port my number to Fongo for VOIP services, will my PM plan get canceled?

13 REPLIES 13

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I ported out of Fongo and it was within the 14 day period...maybe 5-6 days or so? But yeah, it varies. 

using Voip can be difficult at times

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jeffto wrote:

Do you remember how long the port to fongo took?  It said up to 14 days on their website, I was hoping it would be faster.

Just a head's up, it looks like Fongo charges a $25 fee to port in.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Mine took a day.. about 20 hours I think.  I assumed it was because I did it on a Sunday.  Porting out that is.  I never ported in.. I just liked the random new number I got when I signed up for fongo and then took it with me to fido after a few months.  

jeffto

Do you remember how long the port to fongo took?  It said up to 14 days on their website, I was hoping it would be faster.

imm1304

you're welcome.  I did this port out from fongo to fido few months ago so I remembered this.  

jeffto

Ah thanks for all the information, I knew abot the $25, but not the $20 charge for porting early.

imm1304

Porting your number out of fongo is not complicated at all.  You just need your phone number and the fongo account number ...same as any other carrier.  

However, If you have only used fongo free services and never needed to pay them, you won't know your account number.  But, you can just email them through their webpage and request your account number and they provide it to you without any fuss.  

Keep in mind that if you ask to port out from fongo within 20 days of starting the account, they will charge service fee of $20. After 20 days have passed, they let you port out for free. 

Also, to port your rogers number into fongo, they will charge you $25 dollars service charge that you can not avoid.  

deltatux

@jeffto wrote:

Okay, thanks a lot for the replies!

No problems, if the response is to your satisfaction, please mark it resolved.

Cheers!

jeffto

Okay, thanks a lot for the replies!

deltatux

@jeffto wrote:

If I want to add voice back to my PM plan in the future, is it easy to bring my Rogers number from Fongo to PM?

Have never tried it, but I assume so because the number porting process should be the same for all carriers... Best to search places like Red Flag Deals or Howard Forums to see if others have had this experience.

jeffto

If I want to add voice back to my PM plan in the future, is it easy to bring my Rogers number from Fongo to PM?

deltatux

@jeffto wrote:

Hello, If I port my number from Rogers to PM, sign up for data only plan, then port my number to Fongo for VOIP services, will my PM plan get canceled?

You can get a new number just for PM for data and then port your regular number to Fongo for voice.

Need Help? Let's chat.