cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number out of public mobile, want keep service

alex6999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I porting number out of public mobile and want to keep existing service with another phone number. what should i do?

13 REPLIES 13

@AE_Collector wrote:

@alex6999 wrote:

Transferring public mobile number to telus

This is the most likely scenario where you might be able to accomplish what you are trying to do. Contact the PM moderators as suggested. Hopefully they will help you make this happen.

Let us know how it turns out!

AE_Collector

In theory it's possile, but unfortunately, it's against company policy to accomodate this request.

@alex6999 wrote:

This is the most likely scenario where you might be able to accomplish what you are trying to do. Contact the PM moderators as suggested. Hopefully they will help you make this happen.

Let us know how it turns out!

AE_Collector

@alex6999 

If it was originally public mobile number you could talk to Telus support and ask them if they will have access to it once you release it.

If they say yes

Usually it takes 30 days to get the number back for purchase, but if they are willing to help they can probably do something about it

You could just change your pubic mobile to something else right from your self serve, then your number would be released back to/Koodo/Telus

If they say no, I'm sorry you can try chasing it after 30 days.

If it was originally from another provider it will go back to the original provided, you could try catching it there, then porting to Telus.

As long as you don't port out from your pubic mobile you will keep public mobile account, you can change to any number from the selfserve

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@alex6999 wrote:

You PM account will be closed after porting your PM number to Telus.  Any loyalty or refer-a-friend reward will be gone.

You should remove your autopay credit/debit card info before porting your number out as you cannot access your cancelled account.

You can buy a new SIM card to activate the same plan you have with your old account if PM is still offering that plan.  You rewards will start from zero again with the new account.

If you have lots of rewards in your old account and your old plan is not longer offered by PM, you should start with a new number from Telus.

@alex6999 wrote:

@alex6999  If you are porting out to Telus and because Public Mobile is owned by Telus you might want to submit a ticket to Public Mobile. Explain in detail that you want to port out to Telus but also would like to keep your existing account with another number and they might be able to help you out.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

alex6999

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @alex6999 

Is it Publicmobile number or did you transfer it from someplace?

@alex6999 

Weird I replied to this 35mins ago and my post is gone...second time in a week that has happened? 

When I was with BELL CANADA I moved one of my numbers (my wires) over to another carrier. They were able to port my number over and keep my account and add a new number. I wonder if in the background the moderators could do the same for you moving the number you want but keep your account open and add a new number to it?  You definitely can not do it on your own or else the account would close. 

I would contact them, it can't hurt...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@alex6999 

You will not be able to do this unless you go through moderators and ask if they will make an allowance for this.

I have done this in the past with BELL Canada in store so I know it is possible to be done.

I am not really sure how Bell did it, but Bell is also postpaid so they may have just added a new number to my account then ported my old number out. 

But do not do this on your own or your old account will close. They will need to do some fan dangling for you to get this done, that is assuming Public Mobile will in fact do this. It can't hurt to reach out to a moderator and ask.

Contact them here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@alex6999  No, once you port out your account closes and that sim cannot be reactivated anymore. You will need a new sim/email.

If the sim was used to setup an account then you won't t be able to reuse it.  You can purchase a new from canadiancellsupplies.com.

alex6999

Can i use old sim card to open new account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alex6999 wrote:

Hi, I porting number out of public mobile and want to keep existing service with another phone number. what should i do?

You can't. Porting out closes the account.

Need Help? Let's chat.