cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from multi-line account with same holder name

taeyon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an account of Freedom Mobile. It has two lines, but the same holder name. I'd like to port over only one line to Public Mobile. I tried to port the number using "Old Service Provider Equipment Serial Number". But it wasn't successful. Is my scenario supported? And is it right to use the Equipment Serial Number in this case?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@taeyon wrote:

I have an account of Freedom Mobile. It has two lines, but the same holder name. I'd like to port over only one line to Public Mobile. I tried to port the number using "Old Service Provider Equipment Serial Number". But it wasn't successful. Is my scenario supported? And is it right to use the Equipment Serial Number in this case?

Thanks!

2 numbers at Freeeom accounts makes no difference. Like said before, don't use IMEI, use account number.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@taeyon 

1: Get sim card 

2: go to Freedom and get the account number

3: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

4: wait till transfer is done and you will get message saying that transfer request is completed successfully. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@taeyon wrote:

Thanks!

@taeyon Use FM account number, name on the account and FM phone number and it should work.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@taeyon hi when you sign up take a temp number and then port number when you know all is working they will ask for freedom account number name on account and number you are porting not old serial number good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.