cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from koodo

Donc1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my sim card and picked my plan and set up my auto pay and everything went through like it's supposed to but my phone first said unregistered sim so I left it over night and now it says emergency calls only. My son in law had this type of issue when he was getting his number ported from telus and there was someone that got in contact with him on here and fixed it all up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

C-L

They say it usually takes up to 2 hours to port a number, but when I ported my number from Bell it took 24 hours. During that time my Public Mobile sim partially worked ( I could Not receive calls, but I could send and receive texts) also during that 24 hours my Bell sim continued to work, so you may want to check if your old sim still works.

When porting a number it is important to know that the old account (that you are porting From) must still be active, it can NOT be already cancelled. If the old account is already cancelled you will have to choose a new number.

I thought that the port had not worked so tried to port again and when I checked my number it said it was not available so I pm'd the moderators for help.

As others here have said, you should send a private message to the moderators,( it sounds like your issue has been ongoing for several days)  but even though they say you should get a response within a couple hours, it could be longer. It took a couple days for me to get a response, it depends how many issues they are having to deal with. By the time I got a response my issue had resolved itself. The port was just taking a long time to complete.

Also, when your port completes, you will receive a message from Public Mobile  telling you that it has completed successfully. Also your old sim will not work anymore.

I hope this helps.

Donc1

Yeah thanks, I did that already on Friday I believe

pm101helpu
Hi there; here is some helpful advice to help you resolve your issues that you are currently having.
1. Set up your public mobile account.
2. Activate your public mobile Sim card.
3. Because you are with Kudo, if your online account is still active you may be able to unlock your phone online, if that option is available. If not you will need to contact them so they can give you a code to unlock your phone.

Regarding the porting of your number to public mobile.
1. Log onto your public mobile self-serve account.
2. Click on the plan icon on the main page, once your account page opens click on change my number tab at the top of that little window. You will see 2 options, option 1 get a new number from public mobile or transfer your number from another provider. Should you choose to transfer your number you will need to fill out another form with the necessary information to transfer your number.

Once this form is completed successfully you will need to wait approximately a minimum of 2 hours for the process to be completed, shortly thereafter you will receive a text from public mobile informing you that your number has been transferred and is active.
Good luck! And take care.

@Donc1 wrote:

Its a galaxy A5 and I'm not sure it was a prepaid or post paid plan, my wife took care of all that but we aren't together anymore that's why I am trying to go with public.

@Donc1  During activation if it allowed you to setup the port then it was Koodo postpaid. The only problem I see if the Koodo account was not active then that would be an issue. The best thing to do is to contact PM so that they can help you resolve your issue. You might have to pick a new number if the port is not possible. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

@Donc1 wrote:

Its a galaxy A5 and I'm not sure it was a prepaid or post paid plan, my wife took care of all that but we aren't together anymore that's why I am trying to go with public.

Did you already write to the moderator as mentionned above?

Donc1

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Donc1 wrote:

I activated my sim card and picked my plan and set up my auto pay and everything went through like it's supposed to but my phone first said unregistered sim so I left it over night and now it says emergency calls only. My son in law had this type of issue when he was getting his number ported from telus and there was someone that got in contact with him on here and fixed it all up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Donc1  That error sometimes appears when a phone is blacklisted. What type of phone do you have? When you activated the sim did you pick a new number or did you setup a port of your old number? Were you on a Koodo postpaid or prepaid plan?

Jadebug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Donc1

When you first activate a plan, you should be able to make out going calls, so getting service is immediate. Since you were with telus, we know you have reception. 

You can do a couple things to try and troubleshoot your problem. Remove the sim and reinsert it to make sure the sim sits well on the tray, free of any dust. You can also try popping the sim into another device to make sure that it wasn't damaged in transit. 

Donc1

Thanks, that's who I was referring to.

Donc1

The phone shouldn't be locked as I bought the phone and just used koodo as my provider

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Donc1 wrote:

Are you sure your phone is unlocked?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Donc1 

Is your Koodo SIM card/account still working?   If you Koodo account is prepaid, you will need to contact moderator to help complete port.  What phone model are you using?  Some models are not supported by PM.  

Wondering your account/SIM was not successfully activated.  Did you use a credit card?  Check online status ot see whether payment was taken.  If not, you will need to re-try activation again.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Donc1 , number porting from Koodo prepaid to Public Mobile can only be done by the moderator team.  The moderator team will also be able to help resolve the account issue.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.