cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from koodo

griffinbell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How long does it usually take to transfer a number from koodo prepaid?  I sent a private message to the moderator but I haven't had any replies as of yet.

10 REPLIES 10

@Pulk wrote:

My apologies, I would pay monthly so I think prepaid?

@PulkYou mean post-paid, that makes sense then. For a minute you had me going there. Smiley Happy

Pulk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My apologies, I would pay monthly so I think prepaid?

Pulk

Yep, it was that easy! Just follow the steps and should have no troubles. Welcome to PM! 🙂

@geopublic wrote:

@Pulk  Interesting! So you were able to port your number from your Koodo prepaid account to Public Mobile using selfservr by providing your IMEI number and name on the account?

If that's the case then this is a game changer. Theoretically if true I should then be able to port from PM2PM the same way because Koodo and PM share the same backend system interface for phone registrations.👍

Self serve being to port Koodo prepaid is interesting.  Did Pulk say in a different thread that it was a prepaid number?

Anyways, @Pulk, was your Koodo number postpaid or prepaid?

jal_wong

Patients grasshopper.

I'm sure the mod team is swamped with the weekend promo.

griffinbell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Still waiting since yesterday.  Sent 2 messages with no replies.

@Pulk wrote:

Hey, so I can answer your question as I just ported my number <1 week ago. It was almost instantaneously! Just follow the steps to port the number, don't listen to the setup that you have to select the other option. All I had to do was enter my device serial number (can get this by texting  *#06#) and my full name. Within less than 5 minutes my Koodo card had no service, popped in my new Public Mobile card and BOOM,  we in buisness baby!. 

The only thing that took time was applying the $10 credit from referral bonus if you utilized it. Everything else was fast, good luck!

@Pulk  Interesting! So you were able to port your number from your Koodo prepaid account to Public Mobile using selfservr by providing your IMEI number and name on the account?

If that's the case then this is a game changer. Theoretically if true I should then be able to port from PM2PM the same way because Koodo and PM share the same backend system interface for phone registrations.👍

Pulk

Hey, so I can answer your question as I just ported my number <1 week ago. It was almost instantaneously! Just follow the steps to port the number, don't listen to the setup that you have to select the other option. All I had to do was enter my device serial number (can get this by texting  *#06#) and my full name. Within less than 5 minutes my Koodo card had no service, popped in my new Public Mobile card and BOOM,  we in buisness baby!. 

The only thing that took time was applying the $10 credit from referral bonus if you utilized it. Everything else was fast, good luck!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@griffinbell wrote:

How long does it usually take to transfer a number from koodo prepaid?  I sent a private message to the moderator but I haven't had any replies as of yet.

@griffinbell  The actual port should take no more that a couple of hours. It all depends on when the mod submit the port request. In the meantime just continue to use your prepaid Koodo sim until it stops working. Once that happens the port is complete and you can start using your PM sim.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@griffinbell  hi I guess that depends how fast they respond to you they will need your koodo account number 

name on account and phone number you are porting It could be 3 or 4 days hopefully sooner did you take a temp number in the meantime?

Need Help? Let's chat.