cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from Speakout issue

laofei
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just port number from Speakout and message shows changing number successful. Now I can call out and number is correct. But I cannot receive call on my new PM SIM card, all call in go to my old Speakout SIM card. 

8 REPLIES 8

bumblebee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just ported my number successfully from Speakout to Public Mobile! I could send calls and texts immediately, but it took pretty much exactly two hours for me to be able to receive incoming calls and texts. I restarted my phone a few times while waiting, and after the restart on the two-hour mark it worked.

Things to note:
For "Account number" I just put my Speakout phone number.

I called Speakout to make sure I had the correct SIM pin. Their customer service number is 611.

I did it on a Saturday and it still worked fine.

Randy3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The porting from Speakout took 5 hours for me last month.

@laofei Likely the port completed. The moderators are busy and can take 2 days to respond.

laofei
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for everyone's help. The issue is solved now. I also asked help from moderator and didn't get reply so far. So I'm not sure if it is normal or moderator fix the proble. Thanks anyway.

For most porting, you want to use account number.  Speakout is different and has it set differently and requring IMEI. They don't have account numbers 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@laofei 

When did you port?  If it has been more than 2 hours, the port is likely stuck and you will need to private message moderator to help complete port. 

Speakout ports need PIN and IME associated with speakout account. If you don’t have that information, you will need to contact Speakout. 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@laofei wrote:

I just port number from Speakout and message shows changing number successful. Now I can call out and number is correct. But I cannot receive call on my new PM SIM card, all call in go to my old Speakout SIM card. 

@laofei It is good that you can use up your remaining balance!

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@laofei That is normal, in the next few hours the Speakout SIM should stop working and your PM SIM should fully work. If the Speakout SIM stops working and your PM SIM still doesn't work try restarting the phone. If it's still not working then you have a stuck port and will need to contact a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.