cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from Koodo prepaid

overmindless
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. 

I need a help of a moderator to port my number from Koodo prepaid. 

Please advice. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@Stephan_S wrote:

Update:

I contacted koodo and they gave me an extension on my base plan to enable the port.

After explaining the issue, the rep gave me what he called "a one-time only exception".

Looks like X-mas spirit still around..

Important though: The koodo base plan has to be active for the number to be ported!!!

That's why he extended the plan...

Everybody make sure that's the case for the timeframe it takes the moderators from PM to port your number..

So to Moderators: You have some more time to port my number -it's active 🙂

(Stephan_S)

@Stephan_S

Yes, a port request from an inactive account will fail and has to be re-submitted by the moderators once it is in good standing.

Just to make sure: You have to send a private message to the moderator team, it's unlikely that they see your note here. After your initial message you can't do more than wait. They are busy answering requests arising from the current promos - wait times for replies have been reported to be in the 48 - 72hour range.

overmindless
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the advice. I messaged them, but still waiting for any reply. 

Stephan_S
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Update:

I contacted koodo and they gave me an extension on my base plan to enable the port.

After explaining the issue, the rep gave me what he called "a one-time only exception".

Looks like X-mas spirit still around..

Important though: The koodo base plan has to be active for the number to be ported!!!

That's why he extended the plan...

Everybody make sure that's the case for the timeframe it takes the moderators from PM to port your number..

So to Moderators: You have some more time to port my number -it's active 🙂

(Stephan_S)

Stephan_S

update: see below under response to original post

Stephan_S

I have the same issue (needing to port out from koodo prepaid to pm)

You seem to have already found out that the only way to do this is through a moderator.

Hence send the moderator team a private message here.

I included:

From PM: tel#, PIN, acct#, acct email, alternate tel#, and 4 last digits of CC on acct.

From koodo: tel#, PIN, acct#

I gave extra info to avoid an additional step of having to verify ownership of acct later.

Once there is a reply, I'll let you know how it went..

For those who don't know why we need a moderator to port from koodo prepaid to pm:

They seemingly share a common back-end and thus it has to be done manually.

For anybody needing such port, bring patience and time as this seems not a typical port.

(I was used for a port to take maybe hrs when switching carriers -automated process?)

For me this setup is troublesome in particular because my koodo base plan is expiring today.

I wouldn't mind waiting longer if it weren't for this situation..

To moderators: feel free to comment if what I shared is right.

I am new here and try to help from knowledge only gained in this community.

To moderators: please help with my porting from the expiring koodo plan...

Hope this helped..

Need Help? Let's chat.