cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my number

frankindustries
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good Day

I have been attempting to port my old number from Rogers  to PM  but I keep getting the message listed below.

"We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance."   

Here is the timeline

03/16  - activate sim card ( no problems )

-pick new number ( no problems )

- transfer my old number ( no problems )

- go to bed thinking that I nailed it

03/17     -receive text message  telling me that PM is "experiencing difficulties

processing my request to move to public Mobile" and that I should go to website                    and complete the SIM & Activation online form

- go to publicmobile.ca attempt to find that form.

- unable to find form

- attempt to transfer my old number again and receive the above mentioned error                     message

- get flustered and post this

Please help me.

-frank

4 REPLIES 4

Oodie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If there is an outstanding $ balance owing on the account of the number you are porting, the carrier can hold that number.  Bell and Virgin are known for doing this.

@frankindustries wrote:

My Rogers service is still working  but my PM service is not working. I will send @Moderator_Team a message and hopefully they will be able to remedy my situation, Thanks for reaching out with the help.

~frank

Yeah, you definitely need moderator team help.  In recent days, there has been a lot of new activations and so the response time could be longer than we are used to.  Hopefully you will be up and running soon.  

frankindustries
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My Rogers service is still working  but my PM service is not working. I will send @Moderator_Team a message and hopefully they will be able to remedy my situation, Thanks for reaching out with the help.

~frank

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@frankindustries , just want to confirm that your Public Mobile service is still working with your the number you selected and the Rogers service is still functioning normally with the number you are trying to port.  If this is the case, here is a suggestion if the system will still allow you try again.  When entering the Rogers account number, remove the hyphens, just enter the numbers only without spacing.  When entering the account holder, make sure the name is excactly as it appears on the Rogers bill.  Here you do want to put hyphens or any spaces that appears in the name.  With this, you should have a successful port.  I have done many of these port.  I no longer have any mobile service with Rogers.  In the event that you cannot attempt any more ports or it is just not working, then you need to contact the moderator team and have them submit the port for you.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.