cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my Number

snoonan0977
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was wondering about the process to port my number from Lucky Mobile to Public Mobile? 

5 REPLIES 5

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@snoonan0977 wrote:

I was wondering about the process to port my number from Lucky Mobile to Public Mobile? 

All advice previously provided is accurate.

I will add that it can be a bit tricky to find your Lucky Mobile account number. You will find that it appears in only one place: The initial sign-up pdf that they provided to you.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@snoonan0977  You will need your Lucky account number, name on the account and the number readily available.

When you are ready just click below.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@snoonan0977 

FYI:  Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After initiated the number porting as detailed above, PM set up your Lucky Mobile number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your Lucky Mobile number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your Lucky Mobile number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your Lucky Mobile to release you number to PM. Not until your Lucky Mobile release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your Lucky Mobile.  Continue to use your Lucky Mobile SIM card until it stop working.  Then, start using your PM number.

Please note that your Lucky Mobile number must be active in order to port your number out.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
buy a sim card, from a retailer, then activate the sim card with the plan you want taking a temporary number. once your account is active and working fine then loginto selfserve and select change number. use only your lucky account number an name exatly. it shoudl be done in a couple hours at most. if you have a friend on PM use their referal code to geta bonus $10 credit.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@snoonan0977 wrote:

You would activate your new PM sim here and PM is recommending that you take a new number first to make sure all services are up and running.  Once that is completed you will log into your self serve and go to change number.  There you can select port-in from another provider.  Provide the information required and there you go the port can take second up to a couple of hours.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.