cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting koodo number

Tishie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So I inserted my new public mobile sim and am signed up. Everything is working but I really want to keep my old koodo number.

So I sign into my account and click "change numbet" and then try but am told that number is not available!! I tried to ask a mod for help but all they did was ask me to verify my identity and nothing else!

22 REPLIES 22

Tishie1, I've merged a few threads that you've created about porting in your Koodo number together into one because it'll be easier for everyone to respond to you in one place and it'll also be easier for you to look in one place to read the messages from people responding.

Hopefully, the moderators will get to you soon.  When you're have a number portability issue, only they can fix something such as this. 

@Micah wrote:

You can port your Koodo number, but you have to contact the moderator to have them do it for you. They will ask for your phone number, account number, IMEI number and PIN number. Once you send that to them, they will be able to port your number. I just had mine completed yesterday. 

The moderators only need to get involved with ports from Koodo PREPAID. Reason apparently is that Koodo Prepaid and Public Mobile share back end infrastructure, so the system "thinks" that you want to port within the same provider, which it doesn't allow.

Porting from Koodo post paid can be done in your self serve account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tishie1 wrote:

Ok everyone, it seems that if you reply to a moderator's email via your own email account and not your public mobility account the mod doesn't receive it. 

Very frusterating. Hopefully I can help other people who have this happen....

Absolutely. The emails aren't really from the moderators (or anybody for that matter). They're really only just notifications of the fact that you got a private message. You have to come back here and use the private message system.

Some forums don't include the text of the message that you got. This one does. Thus the unnecessary confusion.

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

@Micah wrote:

The Moderators will have to help when port from companies like Koodo. For example, to port the number they will need to know:

• Koodo number.
  • Koodo Account number.
  • Koodo PIN number
  • IMEI used with Koodo.

If you are waiting for the Moderator to respond, you should have this information ready. 

FYI: Koodo post-paid can be transferred from within self-serve account.

Porting from PC Mobile prepaid also has to be done with the help of the Moderator Team (see here in the Knowledge base).

@Micah wrote:

The Moderators will have to help when port from companies like Koodo. For example, to port the number they will need to know:

• Koodo number.
  • Koodo Account number.
  • Koodo PIN number
  • IMEI used with Koodo.

If you are waiting for the Moderator to respond, you should have this information ready. 

FYI: Koodo post-paid can be transferred from within self-serve account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Micah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you can't port during the activation process, just select a new number and then contact the moderator afterward to have your old number ported.

Micah

• Koodo number.
  • Koodo Account number.
  • Koodo PIN number
  • IMEI used with Koodo.

Micah

You can port your Koodo number, but you have to contact the moderator to have them do it for you. They will ask for your phone number, account number, IMEI number and PIN number. Once you send that to them, they will be able to port your number. I just had mine completed yesterday. 

Tishie1

Ok everyone, it seems that if you reply to a moderator's email via your own email account and not your public mobility account the mod doesn't receive it. 

Very frusterating. Hopefully I can help other people who have this happen....

@Tishie1 wrote:

I did try but was told I could not port it.

It is a koodo number.

I never read that a number would be not portable....

@Tishie1 wrote:

When I try to port my number I am told I can't.

Has anyone else had a number that couldn't port?

I have contacted mods. Still no porting. So maybe my number is just unavailable for porting?

It will be easier if you stay in only one thread....Smiley Happy

@Tishie1 wrote:

I have contacted mods. Still no porting. So maybe my number is just unavailable for porting?

Koodo prepaid requires moderator's help to port over...postpaid can be done through your self serve account.  If you've contacted the moderators then you'll have to wait, they can take upto two days to respond back.

Just to add to my post your Koodo number must also be active whilst porting.

Tishie1

Tishie1

I did try but was told I could not port it.

It is a koodo number.

@Tishie1 wrote:

I am now paying for 2 phone plans cause the moderators won't respond and port my number.

Is it possible my number isn't portable?

Why won't moderators respond? 

Did you try by yourself to do it in your self-serve account? Which company?

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tishie1 wrote:

I am now paying for 2 phone plans cause the moderators won't respond and port my number.

@Tishie1 Only way to get the Moderators is to send them a private message by clicking the Envelop icon and send to "Moderator_Team". But normal response time is within 2 days. The porting may also take up to 2 days according to your previous carrier. 

You will normally get a text message from PM and let you know when the porting completed.

Tishie1

@Tishie1 wrote:

I did reply 3 hours ago but they never replied...

@Tishie1  While waiting for the moderator you can use your Koodo sim card to make calls until it stops working. Once the card stops working it means the port is complete and you can start using your PM sim.

@Tishie1 wrote:

Patience they will come back to you..Smiley Happy

Tishie1

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tishie1 wrote:

So I inserted my new public mobile sim and am signed up. Everything is working but I really want to keep my old koodo number.

So I sign into my account and click "change numbet" and then try but am told that number is not available!! I tried to ask a mod for help but all they did was ask me to verify my identity and nothing else!

@Tishie1  After verifying your info did you reply back notifying them thst you completed the verification. If yes, then you should get a reply from them fairly soon.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Tishie1 wrote:

You have to verify idendity before they can do work on account.

Did you give them the Koodo account info?  If you did, you'll need to wait for them to process your request.

Need Help? Let's chat.