cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issues

Simply_Malibu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number rom Rogers to public mobile about two weeks ago. However the same number is working on the Rogers and Public mobile number. I realized I was no longer able to  receive calls on the Public Mobile so I switched the SIM card back to Rogers and I am receiving calls but not texts . When I checked my Rogers account, it still shows the account as open and the number valid but Public Mobile also works. How can I get the number totally ported to Rogers, I think i may need Public Mobile to resend the port permission to Rogers. How do  do that ? Right now I am paying two bills for the same number with two different companies. 

4 REPLIES 4

Simply_Malibu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Perfect. Thank you

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Looks like the porting process did not complete the first time. You have to authenticate the porting request by leaving the old carrier sim in your phone when you initiate the port to PM. To reinitiate or check the status of the first request, you will need to reach out to the moderator team for further assistance. 

For additional security, your previous service provider may send a text or email to validate the transfer request. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.

• Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message.
  • Be sure to check all texts and emails that could go to any other members on the old account, as well as any junk or spam folders.

How to choose your Phone Number (publicmobile.ca)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Simply_Malibu 

It sounds like the porting was not completed. 
When you port over from Rogers, you were wait for a text from Rogers with the old SIM in the phone and confirm with a YES that you are porting over to PM.

Since you have not completed the porting. You will need to contact a PM moderator on the SIMon chat bubble and indicate you want to contact a moderator.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Simply_Malibu 

Contact the Moderators to initiate a Port Request (see below Moderator Contact details for porting processes document)

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Refer to this link below for more details on the porting process:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.