cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting isn’t happening

Alyssak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent my phone after 3 days has still not ported over. This is unacceptable. I have provided the necessary info. Please help. 

9 REPLIES 9

When I discovered 2 different numbers for koodo's and telus's porting departments by googling them to help another member with her issues it was an idea I had from reading @clexxi  post about her porting experience. The link to the 2016 post about fix by a live agent was kindly supplied by @mimmo  that has enabled other community members to share it. Those two members deserve recognition. @mimmo for his great work as an Oracle remembering the original post and @clexxi  for sharing her experience...contributing to the community comes in many forms. You don't have to know the answer to the solution to begin a thread that eventually connects an issue to being resolved. 

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alyssak wrote:

Thankyou!!!! I just called the number your provided and its all corrected now. Was super quick talking with the Telus rep. 

Awesome! I'm glad it worked! 😄

Alyssak

Thankyou!!!! I just called the number your provided and its all corrected now. Was super quick talking with the Telus rep. 

DanielleMarie

@Alyssak wrote:

I am porting from Fido. I can send texts and make calls but I can’t recieve calls. My Fido SIM card still receives calls. I have been asked to  provide my Fido account number which I confirmed with Fido and I have now provided (yesterday already) it but no one is getting back to me and nothing is happening. 3 days now. 

If you can make outgoing calls and texts Public Mobile has done their part and is waiting for Fido to release the number. That said, Fido should have released the number within a couple hours.

It sounds like you were already in touch with the mod team? Unfortunately they can take a couple days to get back to you.

I've seen this post mentioned a few times lately; maybe give it a try?: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Alyssak it should be anytime now!  You can continue to use the Fido Sim card until the port is complete!  

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Alyssak click on the ? bottom right to ask simon to open a ticket with the moderators they will fix your port it must be stuck good luck!

@AlyssakTry contact the Telus Port Team which is responsible for all porting matters for Telus brands via the phone number in this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

Alyssak

I am porting from Fido. I can send texts and make calls but I can’t recieve calls. My Fido SIM card still receives calls. I have been asked to  provide my Fido account number which I confirmed with Fido and I have now provided (yesterday already) it but no one is getting back to me and nothing is happening. 3 days now. 

DanielleMarie

@Alyssak wrote:

@CS_Agentmy phone after 3 days has still not ported over. This is unacceptable. I have provided the necessary info. Please help. 

Where are you porting from?

Can you send texts and make outgoing calls?

Need Help? Let's chat.