cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Porting in a kodoo number

Hi I activated my account and want to port in my new number and need a moderater to do so but with the long wait time could i go to walmart and have them do it? Or do i have to wait?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Porting in a kodoo number

@a-regular wrote:

Hi I activated my account and want to port in my new number and need a moderater to do so but with the long wait time could i go to walmart and have them do it? Or do i have to wait?

Walmart cannot help you because you already have your account going. If your number is from a postpaid Koodo account, you can request the porting from within selfserve.publicmobile.ca.

If your number is in a prepaid Koodo account, you will need to send a private message to Public Mobile's moderators.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Oracle

@a-regular, I assume you are talking about porting in a number from Koodo prepaid.  Only the moderator team can complete that number port.  No choice but to stay patient.  Response times seem to be closer to 48 hours at this time.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@a-regular wrote:

Walmart cannot help you because you already have your account going. If your number is from a postpaid Koodo account, you can request the porting from within selfserve.publicmobile.ca.

If your number is in a prepaid Koodo account, you will need to send a private message to Public Mobile's moderators.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I have a post paid account but it tells me .... We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

I have sent a PM but unsure of what their response times are these days I've read everything from 2 mins to 10 days. I sent my PM this morning about 10 hours ago.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@a-regular  hi is your koodo account still active?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@a-regular wrote:

I have a post paid account but it tells me .... We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

I have sent a PM but unsure of what their response times are these days I've read everything from 2 mins to 10 days. I sent my PM this morning about 10 hours ago.

@a-regular  Is you Koodo account still active? It must be active and your account is monthly not Koodo prepaid (30 days) correct? 

If you have one of those PM Kiosks near by might be worth a try because they have a direct line into the mothership and can expedite the process.

Edit: Also double check your account number to make sure the info is correct.

Highlighted

yes

Highlighted

yes my account is still active and it doesn't let me get far enough to put in an account number. I might try walmart

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When you’re coming over from Koodo, use a different email than the one you use with with them. Take a new number when you sign up. After you’ve signed up with PM you’ll be able to port your old Koodo prepaid number over. Click change number on the right and it will give you the option to port.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@a-regular hi walmart cannot help you at this point in the process unfortunely you will need a moderator

Need Help? Let's chat.