cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from a monthly postpaid Koodo plan.

Smurad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi , I want to switch to Public mobile without changing my present number.

Currently I am with Koodo on a monthly plan. But not prepaid plan. I pay every month after using.  Can I directly transfer my number while I am activating Public mobile SIM card? I don't want to choose a new number. It's a hassle porting in number after activating SIM. Can anyone answer accurately please? 

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Smurad wrote:

Hi , I want to switch to Public mobile without changing my present number.

Currently I am with Koodo on a monthly plan. But not prepaid plan. I pay every month after using.  Can I directly transfer my number while I am activating Public mobile SIM card? I don't want to choose a new number. It's a hassle porting in number after activating SIM. Can anyone answer accurately please? 

Yes, you can port your Koodo postpaid number during your activation.  PM server will setup your new PM account with your Koodo phone number for calling out, sending out text message and data usage right away.  All incoming calls and text messages will continue to go to your Koodo account until Koodo release your phone number to PM.  Then, all incoming and outgoing calls and text messages will work with you new PM account.

But subscribers had reported that something went wrong with the activation and you will not have any mobile service since your old number may be released to PM and there is account configuration issue and you cannot call out and receive call. 

I, myself, prefer to activate with a temporary number first.  Test out the service first before porting my old number to PM.  It is up to you.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Smurad 

Yes, you can activate at Public Mobile and keep your Koodo number.  

EDIT:  Strikethrough below due to it only applying to porting prepaid Koodo to PM, which you are not doing.   Please refer to earlier responses.

I believe that you do need to choose a new number on PM activation (but that's only temporary).  You then need to request Moderator assistance from PM to port over the number from Koodo.

Keep the Koodo service active (i.e. don't close your Koodo account) throughout this process and the Moderators can ensure a proper porting of the number occurs.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Smurad 

If you can wait until tomorrow morning use the live online chat for activations otherwise follow the instructions from @Dunkman.

Hours of Operation: 8:00am - 5:00pm PST / 11:00AM - 8:00PM EST

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

FDB2DB53-A79F-4FE1-BD19-19C00C5E3322.png

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Smurad 

Yes, you can port your number directly when you activate your PM Sim card.  You will need the Koodo account holder name, phone number and account number.  For ports, ignore the sections on IME or PIN.  Port can take 1-2 hours to complete, but since Koodo and PM belong to same company, usually much quicker.  

Here is more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.