cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Rogers pay as you go

drtorres
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for Public Mobile this morning at 9AM EST.  Everything seemed to go through successfully, I was very careful to make sure that all the info requested for porting my number over was correct.  It's been almost 8 hours and I'm not able to send/receive text messages or phone calls.  Data is also not working.  I removed the SIM card and put in my husband's SIM as he is also with PM and it worked right away.  How long does this normally take to complete?  

3 REPLIES 3

@popping

I would do as @popping mentioned and continue using your old sim if possible until it stops working. Some ports can take a while depending on where they are coming from. VOIP ports take 3-4 days while landlines can take up to 7 days.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@drtorres

Can you call somepone from your PM phone?

Is your  Roger SIM still working?

If yes, continue to use your Rogers SIM until it is dead.  Then, use your PM SIM afterward.

If no, send a private message to moderator for help.

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@drtorres wrote:

I signed up for Public Mobile this morning at 9AM EST.  Everything seemed to go through successfully, I was very careful to make sure that all the info requested for porting my number over was correct.  It's been almost 8 hours and I'm not able to send/receive text messages or phone calls.  Data is also not working.  I removed the SIM card and put in my husband's SIM as he is also with PM and it worked right away.  How long does this normally take to complete?  

Hi, sounds to me like you have a stuck port. That said you have tried resetting your phone and have tried your sim card in your husbands to make sure it get the same rsults. That said contact the Mods with a private message with your PM tel number and your 4 digit pin for verification. Add a detailed description of your problem. You  have been on your selfserve account to verify your account is active. and have restarted your phone with your new sim installed. Keep us posted good luck Lemew

Need Help? Let's chat.